• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    So, Thursday I ordered my first pair of tactical pants. I decided on the 5.11 Taclite pro after reading some reviews on the subject. I wore them Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for about 6-8 hours each day. I take them off last night and inspect them before throwing them in the laundry. I notice wear at about 4 o clock. I see about half of the fabric rubbed away. Just about enough for a hole. I sat and thought on the subject to realize that I carry at about 3 and the rear clip on my super tuck is at about 4. I then inspect my supertuck and notice the screw head that mounts the metal clips to the leather base is very rigid.

So, the screw head dug an almost hole in my new pants. The solution I have found is just to put 2 strips of electrical tape over the roughness of the screw heads on my IWB. I am thinking about using a metal file as well when I have time.

Anyways, I know this seems obvious........ Metal > plastic/cotton fabric. Anyways, I just wanted to warn others so that it does not also happen to you. Also, I wanted to vent at almost being almost being out 50 bucks on pants in under 24 hours of use.

Stay tactical INGO :rockwoot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Thanks for the review & the heads up. I've been using the Crossbreed Supertuck for more than a year with nothing but good things to say about it. I wear it at 3:30.

Top Bottom