• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I like the one on the G22. its very bright and dead on. It takes a few min of practice to be able to leave the light off while still having a good grip, for say clearing the house without showing your location.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have ct grips on a 1911-model 29 smith-and my sig and absolutly love them. ive tried other lasers and i never had one i was happy with, until i tried ct lasers and have never even considered a diffrent laser since then. i would bet you wont be dissapointed with yours.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Let me say right up front that I'm not a fan of laser sights in general. That said, the CTC units are probably the best way to go if you want to put a laser on your pistol.

The older Lasergrips for Glocks leave a lot to be desired; they dramatically increase the grip thickness and pointing characteristics of the gun, and do not incorporate a master on/off switch. The newer ones for the full-size and compact frames are more streamlined (ala the XD Lasergrips) and DO feature a master switch. There's also a new triggerguard model for the subcompact Glocks (ala the P32/3AT laser) that looks like it would work well, but prevents the gun from fitting into standard holsters (thus eliminating one of the main benefits of the CTC product over its competitors).

FWIW.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a set on my Glock 23 for about three months.

For the right application like a night or very low light situation for self defense I think they would fit the need for accurate defense. But, train with them a lot and remember the way they mount, when you firmly grip your weapon they light up, and you give your location to the Bad Guy!

For my home defense pistol, I just use my rail mounted Sure Fire light. The switch has a instant on and a constant on for room sweeps. And the bright Sure Fire light will instantly blind a BG. :twocents:

Stay Safe bro, and train with your new Crimson Trace Laser, they do work very well!

TK :patriot:

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I's always thought they were a good idea and have like the ones they use. Seem to me they can help check that "oh ****" response when you're focused on the threat and don't even see the front sight.

Taint Mangler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just ordered Crimson trace laser gripes for my Glock 27 dose any one have any experience with them pros-cons?
    Have them on my G27. Very easy to install and to sight. No problem with IWB carry in a Blackhawk! holster, however, the On button is in a bad spot for the retention strap on my OWB holster. Also have CT's on a S&W revolver. Just wish they were 20mw and green.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I use to shoot a three inch group at 25 yards. When the eyes started to go it opened up to six, then eight then about ten to twelve inches. Now with lazers they are back down to about four. I am very happy with that.

You need to learn to use then, not chase the dot. I know a lot of older shooters don't like them because they will honestly show how much movement you have in your stance. But they really do make a good training aid to correct that as well.

Top Bottom