Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So, a non-credible source?

Why post garbage?
    No less credible than any other news agency.

MiA12Rt.png

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Baldwin and others use the deaths of people to push for gun control. Only fair to use a similar circumstance to mock them IMO. Whike it sucks all around, seems like the left standing on corpses to grandstand isn't any different, yet they're upset now.

Full of fight....I like her.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Ok, then I have to wonder who hired such an inexperienced armorer and why. Is it possible this armorer was supposed to be overseen by another mor experienced armorer?
    Was she hired so that the director or producer(s) could skirt industry standards either to cut costs or to get action scenes on tape that might be different?
    Probably hired by the propmaster and it has been reported that the propmaster quit a few days before this happened and was replaced with someone who was non union.
    This was a tier 1 budget meaning very low wages, benefits, and regard for the crew. No one works on that unless they can not find another job or they want a job bump to put on their resume.
    With her they also got a female department head which is very important to the industry and probably access to her fathers firearms at a discounted rate and her lineage. Lineage is insanely looked at in the industry. If someone had a nothing role in a big hit they are then considered a hot property, if your father sister girlfriend etc was a big deal you are considered through DNA or osmosis to also be,
    I have 0 belief that she was hired to be taken advantage of, she literally had the authority to collect all the guns and shut down filming if she chose to based on safety concerns.
    Tier 1 is often a complete clusterfuck with inexperienced incompetent people from the top all the way down. Nothing ever goes as planned or hoped for, tempers flare, corners are cut due to time and or money. Crew is often too small and overworked and not supplied or fed and housed properly. Most of the camera crew reportedly quit a couple of days before and were replaced with non union, the DP was wrong to stay on with non union camera crew and she should have left also.
    An explosive person like Baldwin in a role as producer and actor could have been like throwing gas on a fire.
    The AD is under tremendous financial and professional pressure to keep that mess together he is the one most responsible as he had no authority to handle the gun

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Probably hired by the propmaster and it has been reported that the propmaster quit a few days before this happened and was replaced with someone who was non union.
    This was a tier 1 budget meaning very low wages, benefits, and regard for the crew. No one works on that unless they can not find another job or they want a job bump to put on their resume.
    With her they also got a female department head which is very important to the industry and probably access to her fathers firearms at a discounted rate and her lineage. Lineage is insanely looked at in the industry. If someone had a nothing role in a big hit they are then considered a hot property, if your father sister girlfriend etc was a big deal you are considered through DNA or osmosis to also be,
    I have 0 belief that she was hired to be taken advantage of, she literally had the authority to collect all the guns and shut down filming if she chose to based on safety concerns.
    Tier 1 is often a complete clusterfuck with inexperienced incompetent people from the top all the way down. Nothing ever goes as planned or hoped for, tempers flare, corners are cut due to time and or money. Crew is often too small and overworked and not supplied or fed and housed properly. Most of the camera crew reportedly quit a couple of days before and were replaced with non union, the DP was wrong to stay on with non union camera crew and she should have left also.
    An explosive person like Baldwin in a role as producer and actor could have been like throwing gas on a fire.
    The AD is under tremendous financial and professional pressure to keep that mess together he is the one most responsible as he had no authority to handle the gun
    Fair enough. Thanks for the insight

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Baldwin and others use the deaths of people to push for gun control. Only fair to use a similar circumstance to mock them IMO. Whike it sucks all around, seems like the left standing on corpses to grandstand isn't any different, yet they're upset now.

She's right.
    Had that been Trump, how would they have reacted.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And for the record, if someone handed me a reactor, and said it's safe, and then I caused a meltdown, I would be at fault.
    It was explained to us early on that "it happened before I was on watch" was NOT an excuse.
    Relieving the watch made you responsible.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Under instruction. . 18
    On my own 19
    Course, I was still in the training pipeline then, on a S8G reactor.
    On the sub, a S5W reactor, I'd have been 20.

And for the record, my first time at the RPCP (Reactor Plant Control Panel) most of my thoughts were something equivalent to "holy poop, holy poop holy poop", and "who the hell would let me sit here".

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can you please define a "prop gun' and how it is different than a gun?
    A prop gun cannot shoot a projectile.
    It's made to look like a real gun.
    You have several kinds though.
    It can be a gun that can fire only blank rounds or it can be a solid piece of plastic (or rubber), when actors (or stunt folks) just need to hold something that looks like a gun.

In most movies or TV shows, if an actor doesn't have to fire his gun they use a a prop gun made of rubber.

It's what they use for fight scenes when they hit each other in the face with what looks like a real gun.

PMGMP5-2.jpg

main-qimg-44d64dfe9155fc41290a27006bdff097-lq

They also use prop guns with moving parts (similar to airsoft), so that the actor can rack the slide, change mags etc ...
    And later during post production using CGI they add flames and sound to make it sound like a real gun.
    It's what they did in John Wick I believe.

It makes it possible to shoot actors in the face, point blank, without using a dangerous blank firing gun.
    Also you don't have loud noises on set, making it safer for the crew and the actors.

In some movies they can use actual firearms for close up shots.
    In that case they are turned into a prop gun by removing the firing pin, obstructing the barrel etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Gun Guy speaking on this on WIBC right now. LEO movie technical advisor on with Guy...

Michael Grasso, INGO member, Gunsite instructor, Hollywood tech advisor, and Police Medal of Valor holder. His mustache won a medal for saving another life later and for being so manly.

sftopcop4bv923los-angeles-lapd-medal-of-valor-recipient-mike-grasso-picture-id567429971

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I agree with all of that. prop gun cannot shoot a projectile.
    It's made to look like a real gun.
    You have several kinds though.
    It can be a gun that can fire only blank rounds or it can be a solid piece of plastic (or rubber), when actors (or stunt folks) just need to hold something that looks like a gun.

In most movies or TV shows, if an actor doesn't have to fire his gun they use a a prop gun made of rubber.

It's what they use for fight scenes when they hit each other in the face with what looks like a real gun.

PMGMP5-2.jpg

main-qimg-44d64dfe9155fc41290a27006bdff097-lq

They also use prop guns with moving parts (similar to airsoft), so that the actor can rack the slide, change mags etc ...
    And later during post production using CGI they add flames and sound to make it sound like a real gun.
    It's what they did in John Wick I believe.

It makes it possible to shoot actors in the face, point blank, without using a dangerous blank firing gun.
    Also you don't have loud noises on set, making it safer for the crew and the actors.

In some movies they can use actual firearms for close up shots.
    In that case they are turned into a prop gun by removing the firing pin, obstructing the barrel etc.
    Great explanation, thanks. But Baldwin did not have a "prop gun". He had a gun.

I don't know why the news keeps calling it a "prop gun"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom