• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    A prop that imitates a weapon, and is capable of firing and killing a person.

Am I saying it’s 100% his fault? Depends. It was said he was the producer of the film and fired the person in charge of props, and continued using the props without one. If that’s the case, yes, it’s 100% his fault.

We shall see, although I’m skeptical investigators will admit it’s his negligence if it is. Hollywood has their own set of laws, as we know.
    As does Washington rules are for thee not for me!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Benefit of the doubt of what? That he didn't pull the trigger? That he didn't have it pointed in the direction of a human being?
    Since that is what is being reported - that he was handling a firearm at the time said firearm shot 2 other people, exactly what does he get the benefit of the doubt for?
    This^^^. Anything less is analogous to excusing the drunk driver who kills someone because the armorer should have taken his keys or given him a car with an empty tank

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Were there any cameras running for this....?????
    Yes, they were filming a scene. It seems possible, based on the sketchy information so far, that someone(s) were shot through the camera. I assume it is digital, though, so the footage up to a fraction of a second before the camera was damaged should be available

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wow. The first details finally come out. And it's from a source across the pond. And what kind of gun shoots two people, the set and leaves glass everywhere (unless shot more than once)?
    You can easily shoot two people with one bullet.
    The blast of a single gunshot can damage glass and cameras, it doesn't have to be hit by a bullet.

We don't know if a pistol was used, a rifle or a shotgun ...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Right, a gun that is a prop is diff than a "prop gun" by my understanding
    My understanding which may not be accurate, regardless a prop gun is just that a prop, a replica incapable of firing. I believe that is one of the ways Hollyweird is able to get around prohibited persons giving the appearance that they are using real firearms.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Doesn't really matter what the contraption is called. There was a death and injury.

This is a safety violation. No one, at their job, should be exposed to negligence such as this.

There are people accountable for this, more than just one.

Would it be any differerent if the "prop" was a sword? Even an "unloaded" sword that killed and injured?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Doesn't really matter what the contraption is called. There was a death and injury.

This is a safety violation. No one, at their job, should be exposed to negligence such as this.

Would it be any differerent if the "prop" was a sword? Even an unloaded sword that killed and injured?
    Given CGI use today, it seems to be safe all gunfire could be CGI

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011

Would it be any differerent if the "prop" was a sword? Even an "unloaded" sword that killed and injured?
    Yes it would be different. It would not be able to be used in a perverse manner to further their agenda.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I thought we usually believed that the gun was a neutral tool and it is the operator who is responsible for what is done with it

Unless you're a famous lefty, I guess
    The issue is that a prop gun and prop ammunition is not handed to an actor with the instruction that it is a deadly weapon and a dangerous tool. It is handed to them as a stage prop that is safe to point at and shoot other people with.

I just don't see any negligence on the part of a person who is operating a safe movie prop in a manner understood to be safe. Going back to the exploding sandwich example, it's like blaming the Doordash guy for delivering you a sandwich that he had no reason to believe was any different than the dozen other sandwiches he delivered in the last hour. The fault is with the person who put the bomb in the sandwich.

If someone broke into my house and rewired my light switch so that turning it on electrocutes the downstairs neighbor in his shower, am I the negligent one for flipping the switch instead of smashing open the drywall to see what it was wired to first? Of course not.

As a producer on the movie, though, Baldwin could very well catch liability for this from the position of it being "his" production, even if he is cleared of his personal liability under the accident defense. An investigation will, presumably, discover the exact chain of how this happened and open the door to various actions under the umbrella of "unsafe conditions and practices". So he could pay up for the bullet getting into the gun, even if he doesn't for pulling the trigger.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes it would be different. It would not be able to be used in a perverse manner to further their agenda.

I think this will not further their agenda. I think it will be the opposite.

Lot more gun owners than ever now. And "we" are a lot more educated than ever also.

On top of that, everyone knows Baldwin and the way he is.

Then there is the union angle. They cannot let this just fade away.

This isn't about guns, it's about negligence. The crew of this movie set is guilty of negligence. Maybe all of them? Except those who walked off the set, knowing it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom