• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not a single mention of the prop master who's responsibility it is to ensure the safety of the prop guns. We are quick latch onto the idea that Baldwin's negligence. I understand it but realistically, the actor is handling a weapon that was set-up by the prop master. Reports are that they were actively filming at the time of the incident. Brandon Lee died from a squib round lodged in the gun that was fired out with the blank cartridge. The squib was from someone trying to shoot live ammo out of it earlier. They had no prop master working during the production.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    A lot of assumptions going on here. Maybe Baldwin was careless, maybe not. Scenes are shot at all kinds of angles and it is not uncommon AT ALL for prop guns to not be handled with proper muzzle discipline to get the angle they need while shooting the scene. This is why they are supposed to use guns that cannot chamber real rounds at all and are supposed to observe a rule of being several feet from the muzzle even when blanks are used.

I get it....we don't like his position, so he must be fully at fault. Maybe he is, but such assumptions have little relationship with reality. A-holes aren't always at fault for everything that goes on around them.
    You act like we have time to wait around for more information.

tenor.gif

welcome to :ingo:

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    A lot of assumptions going on here. Maybe Baldwin was careless, maybe not. Scenes are shot at all kinds of angles and it is not uncommon AT ALL for prop guns to not be handled with proper muzzle discipline to get the angle they need while shooting the scene. This is why they are supposed to use guns that cannot chamber real rounds at all and are supposed to observe a rule of being several feet from the muzzle even when blanks are used.

I get it....we don't like his position, so he must be fully at fault. Maybe he is, but such assumptions have little relationship with reality. A-holes aren't always at fault for everything that goes on around them.

Assumptions? I see some guessing, some "betting" (i.e., guessing), some "I wouldn't be surprised," even an "on the face of it," but overall I'd say everyone is "speculating." (ahem)

No one here has equated his "position" (assuming that means political positions and/or 2A positions) with his liability in this situation, so no one here needs a chiding in making judgements for that reason. That's strawman construction, 101. The guy who apparently pulled the trigger however, has previously proved himself to be a hot head, a loose cannon (no pun intended), and a standout of a self-important jerk in an industry replete with such types. So saying, "I wouldn't be surprised if it's his fault," is not an assumption or beyond expectation. It's perfectly reasonable speculation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Somebody probably needs to go to jail for bringing live ammo on set. And/or even using real guns vs prop guns that can only fire blanks and not chamber real ammo.

And speaking of (lets go) Brandon, Wasnt there another actor that was killed by an actual blank round? I'm remembering one actor that was goofing around with a blank firing gun and while goofing around he placed the muzzle firmly against his head and pulled the trigger. But unfortunately the concussion was enough to send a piece of his skull into his brain, and he later died. But I cant remember who it was.
    Jon-Erik Hexum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sure...it's pretty clear he is not being given any benefit of the doubt based primarily upon what people think of him personally. Do you really expect people to come out and say: "he's at fault because he's anti-gun".? ...yet we get pretty close.

I stand on my observation.

And again....why do we want to be like "them"? Let "them" make leaps of logic in the absence of fact. I'll try to be as objective as I can.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    And I think that we are all just giving him the same grace he has given our side.

NONE.
    If we was on 'our' side, I too would give him none. Because anybody with enough knowledge of firearms to be hangin out on INGO should know better.

But he's not. His use of firearms is limited to his job, playing make believe. It's the job of the on set armorer or prop master to hand him a safe, non firing weapon, with which to play make believe.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don’t like him, he’s proven himself to be an ass. I don’t feel sorry for him, either. Having said that, if he has ANY humanity at all, he’ll carry this the rest of his life, regardless of if he did anything wrong or not.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I don't think there's a rule about their prop guns being modified to not chamber real ammunition, i'm not sure how they would even do that. If a gun is used in a firing sequence it's likely an actual real gun especially if it's a revolver. A lot of the semi-autos are real firearms using 9mm blanks, ground down locking lugs, and severely plugged barrels hence when something like this happens a revolver is usually the culprit. There are actually some decent facsimiles of the western guns using those 8mm blanks but for the DA revolvers some end up looking a bit capgun like and not realistic, same with the semi-autos.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I don't like his politics..having said that, he should be given the benefit of the doubt, for right now.......It has been reported that he was seen crying, and being upset, as we all would be from an accident, or stupidity. Lets not be "them" and see what comes out of all this......I did like him in "Hunt for the Red October" of course he was an unknown at the time.....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Love the deflection. “People died because they were being protected by the union. This is what you get for hiring merit based help. This would never have happened if it was a union worker. ”

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

This Baldwin has a history of not being able to stay in control of his emotions. He's pretty much a loose cannon. He'll skate on this like most rich, famous or powerful people. https://people.com/tv/alec-baldwin-history-arrests-paparazzi/

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Love the deflection. “People died because they were being protected by the union. This is what you get for hiring merit based help. This would never have happened if it was a union worker. ”

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I think it is more "the folks that knew what they were doing finally threw up their hands at the stupidity, and walked out. Stupidity then continued with folks paid to not care so much about safety, and well, ....."

Turns out, pointing firearms at people and pulling the trigger continues to be a bad idea, unless they actually need shot.

Also turns out that "acting" like you shoot someone with a firearm is the same as "actually" shooting someone with a firearm.

As Mike Rowe would say, "Safety Third!".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    People were injured and died, dude. Don't be tone deaf.
    Don't be so simplistic. You can have different feelings for different people involved in the same situation.

Just because I give him no quarter doesnt mean I dont feel bad for the victims. So go peddle your drivel elsewhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom