• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Considering he's a complete and total nutcase, I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

dBDUh8l.png
    Welp, I guess now he knows

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Could we have a show of hands

If there was no chamber failure or other explosion, how many expect Baldwin to take responsibility for lack of safe handling/muzzle discipline?

How many expect him to blame the gun?
    And how the hell do you do it twice? And will he be held accountable? So many unanswered questions, but I can’t imagine how the second victim could be considered an accident.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Horse play???

Hollywood armorer Mike Tristan, who has 30 years of experience, told the MailOnline it was the responsibility of the armorer on set to make sure the gun was not ‘hot’.

He said:

There should have been blanks in the gun, the on-set armorer’s job is to check that before handing the weapon over.

They then make sure that the actor stands on a mark and never points the gun at the crew or cast… the editing makes it seem like they were pointing at their co-actor.

That’s why everyone in the industry is very confused. How this happened is a total mystery at the moment.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Could we have a show of hands

If there was no chamber failure or other explosion, how many expect Baldwin to take responsibility for lack of safe handling/muzzle discipline?

How many expect him to blame the gun?
    and as an absolute darling of the left, the dems, and the never-trumpers, how many expect him to be anything but immediately forgiven and/or exonerated, supported and counseled, and in the lefties’ pretzel logic, ultimately rewarded?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I bet he was screwing around and joking. How else do you hit two off screen people?
    I know its a gun forum so everyone wants to focus on what came out of the gun and why but there is zero reason that the director and director of photography should ever be anywhere near where the gun is ever pointed. If rehearsal than he never should have had a hot weapon. My guess is that they were discussing the way he held or pointed the gun and instead of taking the gun from Baldwin the Armors let him keep it for the discussion and he accidently pulled the trigger.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I know its a gun forum so everyone wants to focus on what came out of the gun and why but there is zero reason that the director and director of photography should ever be anywhere near where the gun is ever pointed. If rehearsal than he never should have had a hot weapon. My guess is that they were discussing the way he held or pointed the gun and instead of taking the gun from Baldwin the Armors let him keep it for the discussion and he accidently pulled the trigger.
    I've pulled a trigger tens of thousands of times but never by accident. My brain, my finger, when it happens it's my responsibility, not an accident.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    SO whats the over/under on how long it takes him to forget this and start harping on how guns are bad and nobody needs one again?

Or uses this as example of why he is right to outlaw them. But he's so short sighted that he'd forget that if he got his way, he couldnt have made this show, and couldnt have lined his pockets. But I dont think that short sightedness would stop him.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I've pulled a trigger tens of thousands of times but never by accident. My brain, my finger, when it happens it's my responsibility, not an accident.
    I am not sure how that affects the thousands of ND's every year by other people or this thing. I am not absolving Baldwin of wrondoing only trying to explain what may have happened based on my knowledge of film sets.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Looks to be a old western style production, perhaps the set armorer just used a SAA clone with 45 blanks. Problem is, (as happened with Brandon Lee death) they want to see "real bullets in chambers" for close up shots. So some dumb*** just pulls bullet & dumps powder, thereby creating a squib. Then as Murphy would have it, someone inevitably shoots the squib & lodges a real bullet in the barrel. Load up some full power blanks and viola, recipe for disaster... And yes, Baldwin is a flaming hypocrite espousing all this anti-gun crap whilst making millions on shoot'em-up movies, but does that surprise anyone? Par for the course these days

This probably.^

I collect movie guns and there's plenty of power in blank cartridges. You see some odd things though in prop guns. I saw a Colt 1878 recently that was cobbled together from a 45lc cylinder and a 44-40 barrel, bad day if you fired it with live ammo, but blanks would be irrelevant. I came from a Fox studio auction.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I bet he was screwing around and joking. How else do you hit two off screen people?

^^^ This right here. Add to that you can bet it will NOT be his fault. The gun "misfired" or "the armorer gave me a loaded gun", anything but "I had a negligent discharge". He'll now advocate for no more gun movies as it promotes a violent culture...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A lot of assumptions going on here. Maybe Baldwin was careless, maybe not. Scenes are shot at all kinds of angles and it is not uncommon AT ALL for prop guns to not be handled with proper muzzle discipline to get the angle they need while shooting the scene. This is why they are supposed to use guns that cannot chamber real rounds at all and are supposed to observe a rule of being several feet from the muzzle even when blanks are used.

I get it....we don't like his position, so he must be fully at fault. Maybe he is, but such assumptions have little relationship with reality. A-holes aren't always at fault for everything that goes on around them.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Somebody probably needs to go to jail for bringing live ammo on set. And/or even using real guns vs prop guns that can only fire blanks and not chamber real ammo.

And speaking of (lets go) Brandon, Wasnt there another actor that was killed by an actual blank round? I'm remembering one actor that was goofing around with a blank firing gun and while goofing around he placed the muzzle firmly against his head and pulled the trigger. But unfortunately the concussion was enough to send a piece of his skull into his brain, and he later died. But I cant remember who it was.
    John Eric Hexim, on the set of an 80's show, put the gun to his own head and pulled the trigger, was saying he was bored, mimicking what a lot of people have done, just with a real gun, and real blanks..As an aside, Gerald McRaney (massive pro-gun star) once demonstrated how powerful blanks are by shooting a lock off a prop box, on set.....every one was stunned, not realizing how much power there is in a blank

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Hollywood blanks are very powerful. I have first hand experience. On the face of it, it looked like Baldwin was playing with a prop gun like the irresponsible juvenile he is. If this is the case, he should be charged with negligent homicide (as if it were you or I), but he'll likely skate. It appears to me that many Hollywood types don't find themselves trustworthy, so they take up the anti-gun cause, thinking the general public is like them. They couldn't be more wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom