CPS confiscates healthy girl from parents who smoked pot, murdered in fostercare

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ROUND ROCK, TX -- A little girl was confiscated from her loving parents because they smoked marijuana, and given away to a foster mother who put her into a coma and killed her. Alexandria Hill, age 2, succumbed to her injuries after being "thrown to the ground."

"We never hurt our daughter. She was never sick, she was never in the hospital, and she never had any issues until she went into state care," said Joshua Hill, the girl's natural father.

Hill says that his daughter was put in to more than one dangerous foster home.

"She would come to visitation with bruises on her, and mold and mildew in her bag. It got to a point where I actually told CPS that they would have to have me arrested because I wouldn't let her go back," said Hill.

The girl was then moved to a different foster home, under the care of Sherill Small in Rockdale, and Hill says things seemed safe there. However, appearances were deceiving.

On Monday night, Hill got an urgent call to come to the hospital. When he got there , he found his daughter in a coma. She died 2 days later.

This illustrates a widespread injustice perpetrated regularly across the country. Healthy, happy children are stolen from loving families who have never once caused them harm, and put into the care of the state, where they can be forcibly drugged and put into all kinds of questionable situations with strangers. And this is done without a trial, without a conviction, without due process. A simple accusation of "neglect" (a loosely defined term these days) can result in armed agents of the state entering your home to kidnap your child.

Hill was 4 months away from getting his daughter returned to him.

[video=youtube;Etw_QSvC2ag]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etw_QSvC2ag[/video]

http://www.kvue.com/news/Father-of-murdered-foster-child-speaks-to-KVUE-218037541.html

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/two-year-old-dies-in-foster-care

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Don't do drugs, keep your kids... Seems like a pretty straight forward concept to me.

I don't know the context of their 'drug use' that led CPS taking their kid away, but marijuana smokers aren't evil bad people. That's like saying, "Don't touch alcohol, and keep your kids." because some Mom has a glass of wine with her dinner or some Dad likes to have some beers with the guys during a football game.

How old are you? Have you ever touched pot? Know anyone who has? Parents grow up in the 60s and 70s? Do you think you should of been in foster care because maybe your Mom and Dad smoked back then? Think your buddy you went to High School with who smoked when he was younger should lose his children?

What a dumb and narrow minded statement.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    On a side note, how far are we from CPS taking kids from homes where parents smoke cigarettes? States are passing laws that say you can't smoke in a car with your kids in it. How long till you can't smoke in your home with your kids in it?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Who defines 'drugs'?

What and why is "A" considered ok and 'B' unhealthy and illegal?

A: the Legislature

Whatever you may think of the law, it is the law until it's repealed or amended. If someone doesn't like the law there, they can: 1) stop breaking the law, 2) move to another state, or 3) lobby the legislature.

But it's not a surprise that marijuana is illegal in Texas, is it? Or that CPS got involved? (This happens in Indiana too...)

:dunno:

That being said, CPS did a bang-up job of protecting the child. This is truly a tragedy (in the real sense of the word).

Last edited:

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Blind compliance with an unjust law or reg didn't work out so well in 1940s Central Europe. Some things are wrong and can't be tolerated. Why can the sale and use of pot be a legal source of income in California and Colorado but a death sentence for your child in Texas? Robotic law and order may keep the trains on schedule but freedom can't survive it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A tragic example of what can and does happen when the state is empowered by us out-sourcing our jobs. When we vacate our responsibilities, the collateral damage is left for our neighbors to clean up and they usually turn to a state run "program" to do the cleaning. CPS and the like are a product too many leaving the grown-up work for somebody else. It is my belief these miserable programs ought to be ended but it won't happen until people in-source their responsibilities.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So, they were smoking weed while the girl was sleep and that is the reason CPS removed her? There are a lot of dots that are not connected and I can't believe the girl was removed from the family for months just because of weed. No, the child shouldn't be dead, but the parents should have been concentrating on parenting in the first place. The media is not telling the whole story and I don't believe they were model parents who just happen to be weed smokers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, they were smoking weed while the girl was sleep and that is the reason CPS removed her? There are a lot of dots that are not connected and I can't believe the girl was removed from the family for months just because of weed. No, the child shouldn't be dead, but the parents should have been concentrating on parenting in the first place. The media is not telling the whole story and I don't believe they were model parents who just happen to be weed smokers.

The same thought crossed my mind too.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

Could be they live in an apartment, neighbour smelled the weed one evening, called the cops. Cops come, get let in, find the the weed and, "Hmm, whats in this room over here? Oh hey, a kid." and bam, life ruined for the parents and most certainly for the child.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I would agree that particular drug seems to be pretty benign, and probably did not warrant the removal of the child. CPS bears some responsibility for that child's death as well as the foster parents, but the biological parents bear the responsibility of breaking the law that allowed the child to end up with CPS in the first place.

I never understood the drug thing, I have other things I'd rather spend my money on. But I kind of compare it to a fully automatic weapon - we are on ingo so that seems appropriate. They might as well be illegal to purchase, because I have a very meager salary. But for cheap $ I could modify an ak47 to be full auto and enjoy myself. I'm not hurting anyone if I do that, I'm a responsible gun owner. But if "the law" gets wind of it, maybe my make believe kid gets taken away because his parents had a "dangerous illegal weapon" in his home. Who knows? I bet a majority of people here would say that he knew the law and he broke it, play stupid games...so on and so forth.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would agree that particular drug seems to be pretty benign, and probably did not warrant the removal of the child. CPS bears some responsibility for that child's death as well as the foster parents, but the biological parents bear the responsibility of breaking the law that allowed the child to end up with CPS in the first place.

I never understood the drug thing, I have other things I'd rather spend my money on. But I kind of compare it to a fully automatic weapon - we are on ingo so that seems appropriate. They might as well be illegal to purchase, because I have a very meager salary. But for cheap $ I could modify an ak47 to be full auto and enjoy myself. I'm not hurting anyone if I do that, I'm a responsible gun owner. But if "the law" gets wind of it, maybe my make believe kid gets taken away because his parents had a "dangerous illegal weapon" in his home. Who knows? I bet a majority of people here would say that he knew the law and he broke it, play stupid games...so on and so forth.

I think you would lose that bet.

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    this is why you never let anyone in your home without a warrant. **** CPS and their gestapo type tactics. Generally the Police are along for the ride, and there never seems to be a warrant with nay of them. I understand some of the good that they can do, but accusations are just that. Without proof they get nothing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's see...

1. In most cases with which I am personally familiar, CPS has come down on the wrong side be it setting thing in motion for the innocent to go to prison or letting the guilty go with minimal scrutiny. This leads to ancillary problems like someone of my acquaintance who had been running an after-school ministry and was just below the threshold of certainty for mandatory reporting that a certain middle-school girl was being pimped out by her parents, but wouldn't call while below that threshold knowing that the 'investigation' would amount to the parents being called and asked if they are doing any such thing, which they would deny, and the case would be closed, and revenge taken out on the daughter. Mind you, this is the same local CPS that arranged for the innocent man to get sent to prison. Incidentally, I did not deal with that situation myself as the conversation abruptly ended as this individual developed concerns about how I might address it had I known exactly who it was.

2. It would appear that the primary issue is asserting the state's ownership of children with parents serving as self-funding at-will employees of the state in this regard, subject to termination at will, as opposed to the notion that the children belong to their parents. It is easy to go all self-righteous about drugs, but what about the point at which teaching your children 'wrong thinking' becomes unacceptable to the state? (Don't teach your children about liberty. Your job is to raise good compliant sheep)

3. The issue of warrants or lack thereof is very disturbing.

4. Why do we presume that there 'must be more to the story'? Based on personal observation, I am not at all persuaded to believe that stealing a child for the stated reason is the least bit implausible.

5. Why do we continue with the presumption that CPS exists for the benefit of children? Dumping them into a routinely-abusive foster care program often worse than the conditions from which they were removed doesn't indicate much concern for the children's well-being. Now that we are past that hurdle, we come back to the issue of control and asserting state ownership of the children.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I want to stress something again. CPS operates outside of due process. You don't go to court and lose your children. You don't get a trial. You don't get to defend your case. They don't have to convict you of child neglect.

An accusation is enough for them to come and kidnap your children and put them in the care of sadistic strangers. And the accusations don't even have to be a true form of neglect (i.e. pot users).

Parents are guilty until proven innocent.

CPS is not the benevolent agency that people seem to think it is. They are a kidnapping business. They get paid based on how many children they displace.

Child Protective Services: Legal Kidnapping For Profit?
    "This is not to say that there are not those children in wretched situations who need to be removed. There are, and we all agree. But tonight, I'm talking about those children removed from their homes, intentionally, for profit. Children are seized unnecessarily from their families due to the Federal aid created in 1974, entitled The Adoption and Safe Families Act. It offers financial incentives to the states that increase adoption numbers. To receive the adoption incentives, or bonuses, local CPS must have more children. They must have more merchandise to sell. Funding is available when a child is placed in a foster home with strangers, or placed in a mental health facility, and medicated, usually against the parents' wishes. Parents are victimized by the system that makes a profit for holding children longer, and bonuses for not returning children to their parents. This is abuse of power, it is lack of accountability, and it is a growing criminal political phenomenon spreading around the globe."

"Remove, abolish the Federal and State financial incentives. And those are tax-payer dollars. Those dollars have turned CPS into a business that takes children and separates families for money. Open family court, remove the confidentiality laws. Give parents their rights verbally, and in writing. I even feel, that to terminate the rights of parents, the case should be heard before a jury."

-- Georgia Senator Nancy Schaefer

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    There may or may not have been more going on with the parents than what was reported. I don't think anyone can argue that the State executed "solution" worked out best for the child. Yet another reason I'm glad my wife and I have chosen to not have children. If I had a child and a CPS employee attempted to take my child from me without due process, there would be one less CPS employee.

Top Bottom