• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Do they have a mating season so to speak? Or is there something that makes them more active at on time versus another? Trying to figure out what is going on at the homestead? I have found 4 of them since Thursday Night. I am guessing they do not have much of a self preservation instinct?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Do they have a mating season so to speak? Or is there something that makes them more active at one time versus another? Trying to figure out what is going on at the homestead? I have found 4 of them since Thursday Night. I am guessing they do not have much of a self preservation instinct?

Tequila?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “They are not afraid of the puny weapons humans bring to the battlefield — our air horns and golf clubs and tin cans rattling with coins. These coyotes are roving the streets in packs, like unrepentant hoodlums looking for a mark.”

I wonder what weapons in the world they could use against the coyotes?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think it’s mating season right now, mid Jan to late March maybe? A females mating call is much different than the yips, locating howls, prey or distress calls. It’s actually very beautiful and passionate. You can just feel the yearning in the howl. Or maybe I need to get out more…
    The way some threads are going it may be mating season on INGO. The mating call is not as beautiful but it is passionate…

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    11:07 and the yotes just LIT this place up, beautiful. As they settled down a few of the females (I’m assuming, see; Supreme Court, above) let go with that long moan.
    I know if I go to bed now and wake her up with that moan I’ll just get hit.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think it’s mating season right now, mid Jan to late March maybe? A females mating call is much different than the yips, locating howls, prey or distress calls. It’s actually very beautiful and passionate. You can just feel the yearning in the howl. Or maybe I need to get out more…
    Sure it's not a neighbor playing Celine Dionne at high volume?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Was at my Grandparent's place last Friday night and woke up to a bunch of them. Sounded fairly close to the house.
    Since no people are out there much anymore I'm sure they just stick around there.
    Wish I had a thermal.

Top Bottom