• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    I have been out 4 times in last two weeks since it has turned cold and have not seen anything but a few deer and some owls. I normally go out about 9pm. The woods have been VERY quiet. The temps have been 13 to 20f. Just wondering if any of you more experienced guys have seen anything?

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I was out for two hours on Saturday at two pm. Did not get anything to come into the call, but jumped one walking to where we were going to call from. Friend and I both missed the "gimme" shot at about 100yds. Plenty of yotes around. Tracks everywhere. Looking forward to getting out this weekend. I've got the opposite problem that you seem too. Too many coyotes, not near the deer. :dunno:

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Last night I heard 3 different packs going nuts around my house. It was between 10-1130 pm. We will be out this weekend in the warmer weather to see what we can do.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I went out Saturday around daylight. Called in seven. Shot one. Others would not come close enough for a shot.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Instead of 9 pm try 4 am. I see more very early morning if you can see with the snow on the ground. hit a spot call for 15 minutes hit another spot.

Two have gone down to my .222 rem this week in two outings. If the snow stays for the weekend maybe one/two more. I could have gotten 3 if I had taken the shotgun instead of the rifle. They came in fast and quick both times. I have a rabbit fur with a gyro ball in it and with the rabbit distress call and cold/hunger they come in close and quick. Both shoot right at 5 am.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I think i have heard them around my property. Not 100% if they were coyotes, sounded like a bunch of dogs fighting and yipping ( not even sure if thats a word, but it best describes what i heard)

300rum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Spiceland, IN
    the yote hunting around home has been tough since it got cold been a few times in the last week and have not had any luck on the call hunted over a carcas also they had been coming in for two days befor i went the night i went there was no movment but it was realllllly cold!

Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Jmarriott- Where would a guy find a gyroball to put in a fur to make a decoy. What is the original use of a gyroball? thanks for your input

Top Bottom