• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010

Another victory for the GOA. So what now ? Does the .gov have to pay back all those people who threw away their stocks ?

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Another victory for the GOA. So what now ? Does the .gov have to pay back all those people who threw away their stocks ?
    They should, but...

iu

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Not that I had one but I wouldn't have thrown it away in the first place.
    Same with pistol braces, magazines or evil black guns.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So is this fully overturned then or is it something in waiting?

Either way, looks like Trump's calculus worked out in this situation, because if it would have ended up being formal legislation that properly changed definitions, we wouldn't be celebrating right now.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Oh man if they hot the market.
    They will off shelves and the prices will rocket at first.

Every one will rush to buy before ban2.0

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh man if they hot the market.
    They will off shelves and the prices will rocket at first.

Every one will rush to buy before ban2.0
    I applaud this decision, but I still think they're worthless and will never own one. Just seems like a good way to create a lot of empty brass in a hurry and very little else. :): But I think that those that want them should be able to have them if they want them.

JasonCountry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    West Lafayette
    I applaud this decision, but I still think they're worthless and will never own one. Just seems like a good way to create a lot of empty brass in a hurry and very little else. :): But I think that those that want them should be able to have them if they want them.
    That's where I am. I had no interest in them until they were threatened. I'm like that with a lot of things. The moment you tell me I don't have the right or I'm not qualified it makes me want it more.

There was a question I saw on social media by a progun enthusiast today. He was playing devils advocate if you will, and he said something along the lines of, "If you could compromise one gun control law for another what would it be?" I would be in favor of banning bumpstocks and binary triggers etc if we could NFA new machine guns. Maybe this should be a separate post, eh

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I’m pretty impressed with the GOA doing this. Definitely going to look into a membership or donations with them. I wonder if any of the manufacturers of the bump stocks were able to put money towards this overturn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I joined them after the election. They do great work.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I have similar feelings about ar pistols and mini ronis.

I think they are dumb.
    But if someone wants to own them. I think they should buy as many as they can afford.

Personally, I feel all gun laws outside the constitution are unconstitutional. My personal feelings should bar others from owning things.

I understand the meanings in the words of the 2a.

The constitution doesnt say anything about bump stocks, binary triggers, black rifles, ar pistols, silencers, autos etc. So have ****ing at it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I don't think many people cared about the bumpstock its self, it is a gimmicky thing.
    It's the precedent it sets and the doors it opened up that was the real threat.

Especially how it was handled.

Now those doors just got slammed shut.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think many people cared about the bumpstock its self, it is a gimmicky thing.
    It's the precedent it sets and the doors it opened up that was the real threat.

Especially how it was handled.

Now those doors just got slammed shut.
    Agreed, completely! The whole thing was BS with the ATF getting to re-interpret their own rules on a whim.

Top Bottom