• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    None of you will likely be buying one soon, it is never that simple, long way to go...

The ruling does not strike down the regulation nationwide, though the district judge’s expected injunction does apply in the 6th Circuit’s four states — Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee — and binds the parties themselves, who include the attorney general and the BATF.

The court decision noted that the 10th U.S. Circuit and the Circuit for the District of Columbia had reached contrary findings, setting up a circuit split and raising the chance of a Supreme Court showdown.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I applaud this decision, but I still think they're worthless and will never own one. Just seems like a good way to create a lot of empty brass in a hurry and very little else. :): But I think that those that want them should be able to have them if they want them.
    Completely agree.

I'll save my jumping for joy for when I can purchase a suppressor without all the red tape and money. But I imagine if that ever happens ill be too old to jump for anything.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't think many people cared about the bumpstock its self, it is a gimmicky thing.
    It's the precedent it sets and the doors it opened up that was the real threat.

Especially how it was handled.

Now those doors just got slammed shut.
    Yep I have no desire to own one. However, it was a freedom taken away with the stroke of Trumps pen. It is a stock it is not a machine gun never was until Trump penned it to the ATF and they all of a sudden seen how a stock somehow made it a machine gun. I'm waiting on a ruling against binary triggers soon which still does not meet the original requirements to be called a machine gun. Again I have no desire for a binary trigger but it is yet a freedom that others should be intitled too.

Repeal the NFA it is an infringement, and it violates the 2nd Amendment.

GoA fighting hard for our rights. Imo this is a huge victory compared to the NRA saying they were on board with a ban. WLP the down fall of the NRA.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    None of you will likely be buying one soon, it is never that simple, long way to go...

The ruling does not strike down the regulation nationwide, though the district judge’s expected injunction does apply in the 6th Circuit’s four states — Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee — and binds the parties themselves, who include the attorney general and the BATF.

The court decision noted that the 10th U.S. Circuit and the Circuit for the District of Columbia had reached contrary findings, setting up a circuit split and raising the chance of a Supreme Court showdown.

I always wondered during the Trump years how the Dems always seemed to find a lower court to shut down many things Trump tried to do. More often than not all of their rulings seemed to stick ( or at least delayed ) any chance of being overturned by a higher court. I'm guessing something like this might be fast-tracked upstream and in the end the Dems will pull another victory out of their bag of tricks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep I have no desire to own one. However, it was a freedom taken away with the stroke of Trumps pen. It is a stock it is not a machine gun never was until Trump penned it to the ATF and they all of a sudden seen how a stock somehow made it a machine gun. I'm waiting on a ruling against binary triggers soon which still does not meet the original requirements to be called a machine gun. Again I have no desire for a binary trigger but it is yet a freedom that others should be intitled too.

Repeal the NFA it is an infringement, and it violates the 2nd Amendment.

GoA fighting hard for our rights. Imo this is a huge victory compared to the NRA saying they were on board with a ban. WLP the down fall of the NRA
    It saddens me the number of members here that have been drawn into the media hit jobs on the NRA. Not saying they are perfect, but just like every other multimillion dollar organization they have their corruption. The enemies of the 2nd spent years trying to find the nut to crack to destroy the NRA, they finally found some and have figured out that most gun people are principled people and they are using those purity principles against them.

Overall gun rights are better because of the NRA, I truly don't give a tinkers dang if some guy gets rich if the organization leads. And while this is a anathema to us, the rest of the people believe guns can be controlled though politics and they don't subscribe to our "God given inalienable rights". Therefore the NRA is a political tool and must negotiate in the political world because there is no purity in politics...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I always wondered during the Trump years how the Dems always seemed to find a lower court to shut down many things Trump tried to do. More often than not all of their rulings seemed to stick ( or at least delayed ) any chance of being overturned by a higher court. I'm guessing something like this might be fast-tracked upstream and in the end the Dems will pull another victory out of their bag of tricks.
    Have you EVER seen a democratic appointee become more conservative and disappoint the left. Me either. A friend in politics told me all democrats are left, only half of republicans are conservative, that is the definition of the uniparty...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It saddens me the number of members here that have been drawn into the media hit jobs on the NRA. Not saying they are perfect, but just like every other multimillion dollar organization they have their corruption. The enemies of the 2nd spent years trying to find the nut to crack to destroy the NRA, they finally found some and have figured out that most gun people are principled people and they are using those purity principles against them.

Overall gun rights are better because of the NRA, I truly don't give a tinkers dang if some guy gets rich if the organization leads. And while this is a anathema to us, the rest of the people believe guns can be controlled though politics and they don't subscribe to our "God given inalienable rights". Therefore the NRA is a political tool and must negotiate in the political world because there is no purity in politics...
    Never had a problem when Charlton Heston was there so stop making excuses for a scum bag like WLP.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Never had a problem when Charlton Heston was there so stop making excuses for a scum bag like WLP.
    And you should stop spouting off about our best defense of our rights and research what you clearly know very little about. This is what I'm talking about, the enemies of the 2A are dividing us. WLP was at least part of bringing CH to the NRA and they were there together, Heston (the once advocate for gun control) in the spotlight and WLP running the politics. I love what CH did for the organization just like you, but in 1968 we would have called him a FUDD...

LaPierre has served as executive vice president and chief executive officer of the NRA since 1991. He has worked for the NRA since 1977. LaPierre’s position as top administrator of the nation’s largest gun-rights organization has thrust him into the public eye, particularly in politics. As a result, he is both revered by fellow gun rights advocates and a lightning rod for criticism from supporters of gun control.

https://www.thoughtco.com/biography-of-wayne-lapierre-721387

Surprisingly, the man who hoisted a rifle above his head at the 2000 NRA Convention in defiance of the perceived anti-gun policies of Democrat presidential nominee Al Gore was once a staunch supporter of gun control legislation.

Appearing on ABC’s The Joey Bishop Show two weeks after U.S. Sen. Robert Kennedy was assassinated in 1968, Heston read from a prepared statement: “This bill is no mystery. Let’s be clear about it. Its purpose is simple and direct. It is not to deprive the sportsman of his hunting gun, the marksman of his target rifle, nor would it deny to any responsible citizen his constitutional right to own a firearm. It is to prevent the murder of Americans.”

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And you should stop spouting off about our best defense of our rights and research what you clearly know very little about. This is what I'm talking about, the enemies of the 2A are dividing us. WLP was at least part of bringing CH to the NRA and they were there together, Heston (the once advocate for gun control) in the spotlight and WLP running the politics. I love what CH did for the organization just like you, but in 1968 we would have called him a FUDD...

LaPierre has served as executive vice president and chief executive officer of the NRA since 1991. He has worked for the NRA since 1977. LaPierre’s position as top administrator of the nation’s largest gun-rights organization has thrust him into the public eye, particularly in politics. As a result, he is both revered by fellow gun rights advocates and a lightning rod for criticism from supporters of gun control.

https://www.thoughtco.com/biography-of-wayne-lapierre-721387

Surprisingly, the man who hoisted a rifle above his head at the 2000 NRA Convention in defiance of the perceived anti-gun policies of Democrat presidential nominee Al Gore was once a staunch supporter of gun control legislation.

Appearing on ABC’s The Joey Bishop Show two weeks after U.S. Sen. Robert Kennedy was assassinated in 1968, Heston read from a prepared statement: “This bill is no mystery. Let’s be clear about it. Its purpose is simple and direct. It is not to deprive the sportsman of his hunting gun, the marksman of his target rifle, nor would it deny to any responsible citizen his constitutional right to own a firearm. It is to prevent the murder of Americans.”

WLP needs to go period. He is the cause of the NRA down fall and legal problems. We will have to agree to disagree here I'm not backing down on my stance against the man who brought ruin to the greatest 2nd Amendment organization in the United States.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    WLP needs to go period. He is the cause of the NRA down fall and legal problems. We will have to agree to disagree here I'm not backing down on my stance against the man who brought ruin to the greatest 2nd Amendment organization in the United States.
    So the answer to having it proven your understanding was wrong is to lock into the division our enemies have created. WLP lead the organization from FUDD to truly gun rights. You are being manipulated by anti-gun forces like the NY AG using all the power of the state they found some, small by percentage of the gross, inappropriate spending in a multimillion dollar organization. Wow, humans did something inappropriate. WTFCares!

If WLP can be replaced by someone of his perceived status to those threatening our rights I would be the first to vote so. You can read my posts advocating NRA board reform, so not a cheerleader, just a political pragmatist. The time to reform the organization aligns with the time to purchase stock up ammo, that was in 2017. We are in a war for our rights, a war that we might not have had to be in if the NRA would have had money for this election like they had in 2016.

Now is not the time to defund the NRA or overhaul it leadership, we need to support the one organization that the 2A enemies fear...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Go with what you got I guess until it can be reformed.

Except it never gets reformed.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So the answer to having it proven your understanding was wrong is to lock into the division our enemies have created. WLP lead the organization from FUDD to truly gun rights. You are being manipulated by anti-gun forces like the NY AG using all the power of the state they found some, small by percentage of the gross, inappropriate spending in a multimillion dollar organization. Wow, humans did something inappropriate. WTFCares!

If WLP can be replaced by someone of his perceived status to those threatening our rights I would be the first to vote so. You can read my posts advocating NRA board reform, so not a cheerleader, just a political pragmatist. The time to reform the organization aligns with the time to purchase stock up ammo, that was in 2017. We are in a war for our rights, a war that we might not have had to be in if the NRA would have had money for this election like they had in 2016.

Now is not the time to defund the NRA or overhaul it leadership, we need to support the one organization that the 2A enemies fear...

Col North knew all about WLP and the NRA board covered it up.

Even King Saul fell from grace and became corrupt. He was a good King then turned bad. I'm sure WLP was good at one point but absolute power has corrupted him.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Col North knew all about WLP and the NRA board covered it up.
    Got it, reforming the organization to purity standards is a higher priority than funding and fighting for gun rights currently under attack.

Col. North and Chris Cox were involved in a coup attempt for control of the organization, I have no idea if they were white hats or black hats all we have are he said she said...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Got it, reforming the organization to purity standards is a higher priority than funding and fighting for gun rights currently under attack.

Col. North and Chris Cox were involved in a coup attempt for control of the organization, I have no idea if they were white hats or black hats all we have are he said she said...
    Until the NRA gets audited ww will never know just how bad it is.

"Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the … BATFE to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.

The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Sure glad WLP was not against Bumpstocks. It may seem like he was a fudd.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Corruption undermines the integrity of any organization.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Corruption undermines the integrity of any organization.
    Please list the multimillion dollar organizations without some corruption.

That is my point, with all the power of NY state government this is all they could come up with, but it was aimed at a group of very upstanding and principled people that will then kill their own in the name of principle.

The left has no principles, winning is everything. The biggest shock to the left ever was the election of DJT, and I believe the biggest specific shock was that conservatives and evangelicals backed him and the old playbook of division among them didn't work. Does anyone really believe any leftists care if Bloomberg kills babies? Nope, just fund the gun control and win is all they want.

I am not saying we must turn our backs on our principles, just that we must understand when our enemies are using them against us and adjust to that.

Top Bottom