• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I applaud this decision, but I still think they're worthless and will never own one. Just seems like a good way to create a lot of empty brass in a hurry and very little else. :): But I think that those that want them should be able to have them if they want them.
    I agree 100% and this point VERY expensive empty brass. if that's the way someone chooses to blow their paycheck so be it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Until the NRA gets audited ww will never know just how bad it is.

"Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the … BATFE to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.

The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Sure glad WLP was not against Bumpstocks. It may seem like he was a fudd.
    Don't forget he also backed the FOPA with the Hughes amendment, I'll see if I can find it but Reagan stated he was willing to veto the bill because of that amendment but the NRA said no, sign it.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Don't forget he also backed the FOPA with the Hughes amendment, I'll see if I can find it but Reagan stated he was willing to veto the bill because of that amendment but the NRA said no, sign it.

Just more proof La'peepee is a turd, just like 99% of Washington. And the NRA is a threat? Really???? **** they weren't even there when the "Crime Bill" passed.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Just more proof La'peepee is a turd, just like 99% of Washington. And the NRA is a threat? Really???? **** they weren't even there when the "Crime Bill" passed.
    Almost forgot, they fought hard to keep Heller and McDonald out of court. Then they weasiled their way in, and trumpted "their" victory when they were won.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    All the more reason to give money to GoA or 2nd Amendment foundation. I read that WLP legal defense cost over 20 million dollars of NRA donations. GOA gets 25% of his legal fees per year in donations total, and it's put toward no compromise 2nd Amendment defense.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It saddens me the number of members here that have been drawn into the media hit jobs on the NRA. Not saying they are perfect, but just like every other multimillion dollar organization they have their corruption. The enemies of the 2nd spent years trying to find the nut to crack to destroy the NRA, they finally found some and have figured out that most gun people are principled people and they are using those purity principles against them.

Overall gun rights are better because of the NRA, I truly don't give a tinkers dang if some guy gets rich if the organization leads. And while this is a anathema to us, the rest of the people believe guns can be controlled though politics and they don't subscribe to our "God given inalienable rights". Therefore the NRA is a political tool and must negotiate in the political world because there is no purity in politics...
    I have to wonder about the motives of anyone who bashed NRA. NRA is FAR from perfect and I`ve been on them for some time because they`ve softened up in recent years, but they STILL do more for the Second Amendment than ANY other org. It would take a LOT to get me to abandon them.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    All the more reason to give money to GoA or 2nd Amendment foundation. I read that WLP legal defense cost over 20 million dollars of NRA donations. GOA gets 25% of his legal fees per year in donations total, and it's put toward no compromise 2nd Amendment defense.
    What leftie news media" was that report in? :rolleyes:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What leftie news media" was that report in? :rolleyes:
    You can type that into a search engine and it will come up with multiple sources.

If they did waste millions it should be exposed and dealt with. Just get it into court if you did nothing wrong it will show that, but if you did take millions from a non-profit organization then they should be prosecuted. As well as be made to pay back every cent they took.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Nah quick outrage is the new norm
    Nah, mindless lockstep is the new norm. I got what he was saying, but the underlying premise of ANY compromise whatsoever is repugnant to me, and likely many others. But that`s ok, flame away on me and ignore the point.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If they ruled they are not machine guns, then what about the kid that just got busted with a bumpstock and was charged with possession of a machine gun?

Cant find the story right off, but he did something bad with it, like shooting at somebody and that was one of the charges against him.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Nah, mindless lockstep is the new norm. I got what he was saying, but the underlying premise of ANY compromise whatsoever is repugnant to me, and likely many others. But that`s ok, flame away on me and ignore the point.
    The point is, the "compromise" I floated would not be a compromise, but a scorched earth victory in favor of of 2A.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    The NRA has filed an amicus brief in support of the GOA bump stock lawsuit.

That seems to be the NRA’s MO. Support gun control (or at least not oppose it until someone else takes it to court and starts winning) I’m pretty sure I’ve read they supported the 1934 NFA, they didn’t oppose the 1968 GCA, they never opposed import bans or executive orders like Bush 1 banning “assault weapons” from being imported, they supported the background check system/laws, they didn’t fight the Russia ban executive order from Obama, they told Trump to ban the bumpstocks, but now that the GOA has won in a lower court suddenly they are interested in undoing the ban.

And I say this as an NRA life member. They need to stop being wishy washy and become no compromise. They have immense power, they just need to USE it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That seems to be the NRA’s MO. Support gun control (or at least not oppose it until someone else takes it to court and starts winning) I’m pretty sure I’ve read they supported the 1934 NFA, they didn’t oppose the 1968 GCA, they never opposed import bans or executive orders like Bush 1 banning “assault weapons” from being imported, they supported the background check system/laws, they didn’t fight the Russia ban executive order from Obama, they told Trump to ban the bumpstocks, but now that the GOA has won in a lower court suddenly they are interested in undoing the ban.

And I say this as an NRA life member. They need to stop being wishy washy and become no compromise. They have immense power, they just need to USE it.
    They are "wishy washy" because they are made up of thousands of members.
    So, it depends what group is in charge.

Top Bottom