• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

this video is age restricted due to being a shooting of an officer. Reports say he is recovering.

my question is was the correct bandage used by his fellow officer? Since it was a gut wound I was thinking Israeli bandage. Someone enlighten me on this. If the video won’t play, the officer assisting used a hyfin chest seal.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was taught to “seal the box,” meaning put a chest seal on any penetrating wound to the torso. I’m not a doctor and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I've been taught the same. seal the box, pack the junctions, and tq the limbs. Not sure if it's absolutely the right thing to do since I ain't a Dr I just pretend to be one at work.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hyfin chest seal

In an emergency anything that "stops the bleed" is the appropriate bandage. When I went through the course they recommended that the gauze that shows up on x-rays is preferable for packing.

1695318231034.png

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    As an EMT, I would tell you that the shot looks like it was to the thoracic cavity near the lower lung/diaphragm in which a chest seal front & back is 100% correct to prevent the pneumothorax (air entering the chest) and further damaging or collapsing the lung. Under a stressful situation like this, the officer did the correct thing to stop the bleed and transport to higher level of care immediately.

KomboJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Paragon
    As an EMT, I would tell you that the shot looks like it was to the thoracic cavity near the lower lung/diaphragm in which a chest seal front & back is 100% correct to prevent the pneumothorax (air entering the chest) and further damaging or collapsing the lung. Under a stressful situation like this, the officer did the correct thing to stop the bleed and transport to higher level of care immediately.
    I was under the impression a hyfin chest seal would the best option. I'm dumb you said that.

Top Bottom