DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's even affecting the CMP now.

CAMP PERRY, OH - The Civilian Marksmanship Program has announced the cancellation of the following marksmanship and training events due to health concerns brought on by the COVID-19 virus that is causing travel and logistical difficulties across the country. The CMP made the decision to alter the scheduling of these events in the best interest of the participants, families, spectators and staff in attendance at these popular events. More information will follow as it develops.

Cancellations:

* CMP National JROTC Championship - Camp Perry, OH (March 19-21)

This championship event will continue as a postal match with finals. Details will be emailed to teams and coaches as soon as they are finalized.

* CMP 3-P Regional Airgun Championship - Camp Perry, OH - Sandy, UT - Anniston, AL
    (March 26-28 and April 2-4)

These regional events will continue as postal matches with finals. Details will be emailed to teams and coaches as soon as they are finalized.

* CMP 3-P Air Rifle Junior Summer Camps and Clinics Program - Multiple Locations
    (June, July and August)

On the Watch List:

* CMP 3P Air Rifle National Championship - Camp Perry, OH (Sporter - June 25-27 and Precision July 11-13)

At this point the CMP is planning to conduct the CMP National 3-P Championship in June and July, but will be monitoring the situation and will announce additional cancellations if needed.

To Be Conducted as Scheduled:

* The Western CMP Games and HP Matches at Ben Avery Shooting Facility, AZ

Participants need to be mindful of sound general health practices to help prevent communication of the virus (frequent hand washing, social distance with others, etc.).
    The Western Games begin Friday, March 13 and conclude Sunday, March 22.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Youth sports stuff is getting cancelled, including some pretty big tournaments up at Grand Park.

Because being outside is now a problem.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This is really getting crazy. We have had several prior pandemics with tens of thousands killed here in the US. I don't ever remember such a reaction.

I am appalled at the behavior of the citizens of our great country. I am more appalled at the politization of this virus and how the media (politically driven) is driving the fear factor to a point of disaster. We are now headed for a recession because of the constant barage of negative talk and fear. Out society is being indoctirinated at a super sonic speed and sadly many many are falling for it.

I am ashamed of the reaction of many and surprised at those who, on this forum, "appear" to be drinking the kool-aid.

We are bigger than this.....

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am appalled at the behavior of the citizens of our great country. I am more appalled at the politization of this virus and how the media (politically driven) is driving the fear factor to a point of disaster. We are now headed for a recession because of the constant barage of negative talk and fear. Out society is being indoctirinated at a super sonic speed and sadly many many are falling for it.

I am ashamed of the reaction of many and surprised at those who, on this forum, "appear" to be drinking the kool-aid.

Saw that coming to.
    Then the reason people.
    They already have something in mind to blame.Something like say a vaccines,but it could have been anything.Someone diet.Someone created a bio weapon.Some corporation.A government.Even climate change.As long as there is a reason they can wrap their head around,they will believe it.

Point being they think there is a reason it is happening,that they understand.It gives them someone to blame,making them feel superior,or safer because of the information they believe.It makes the disaster understandable to them.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I heard today that some environmentalists believe Mother Earth is displeased with humans because of our overpopulation. They said the Coronavirus is natures way of reducing the population to more appropriate levels.

Sort of like "The Happening" film by M. Night Shyamalan.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'll say it. Damn.

If Trump gets it, and lives, it could be a game changer. See, its not a death sentence like the media says. Could be a nice bounce.
    If he dies I predict hand wringing, celebration, and panic all at the same time on the left. Look how bad it is, YAY BAD ORANGE MAN DEAD!, HOLY S**** NOW BIBLE BOY IS IN CHARGE WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE OR BE PUT IN JESUS RE-EDUCATION CAMPS!! HE WILL STONE THE GAYS!!!! :runaway:

When I lived in Key West I knew a few stoned gays (NOT in the Biblical sense) anyhow they didn't seem too bothered about ANYTHING so I think they'd be ok with Pence.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Sheep breed sheep....baaaahhh baaahhh

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

You need to lower your standards for humanity. I've found that the less I expect from people the more I'm pleasantly surprised by quite a few actually. Others still let me down even at the lower rate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Politically driven? For what purpose? Your post seems to imply that the coverage of the coronavirus is unfair and unjustified. What hard facts are you basing this opinion on?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom