• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    So when an American company opens up a plant in China and produces a product specific to one manufactured in the USA, that has FDA approval, the China made product needs to be FDA approved before it is released in the USA?

Yes and the end user company is the one liable for conformance. I work in a FDA regulated facility that gets shipments from China daily. We open and inspect so many of them per regulations.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’m cautiously optimistic we will be over the peak by the end of April, the drug combinations will have enough testing to prove to be helpful, and we can start to relax a little by mid-May. I don’t see the Indy 500 being run with a full crowd in August, but we should be getting closer to a functioning society again.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Honestly. Who the **** uses the word "achievement" to describe the rate of virus infection and "rebound" to describe an uptick in the death clock?

:rolleyes:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Honestly. Who the **** uses the word "achievement" to describe the rate of virus infection and "rebound" to describe an uptick in the death clock?

:rolleyes:

Oh please most benevolent overlord, deign to grant me the words that most please you, so I might occupy a righteous position in thine eyes.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You know there has been on more than one occasion I have been I'm ashamed of being a member here on INGO.

This is one of those times.

Over the last few months we have had members on here berate, question and to a point almost ridicule a valuable member here who gave us a heads up back in January
    of important info to start stocking up our supplies because of this crisis we are facing now across this nation and world. Some here has made it so bad that he has not been
    on as frequent and the last two days to give us updates.

I can almost guarantee that he will not be as forthcoming with info in the future because the actions of a handful.

This is not a political discussion thread/issue, this is a humanity issue, a virus so bad that left unchecked could have the implication to make the Spanish Flu look like child's play.
    But yet we have people here almost to a insulting point question and dispute anything he post.

I know one thing, when this has subsided and we can return to a somewhat normalcy of everyday life if it ever approaches it again. I am for one, going to send Smokingman a message
    and invite him for a meet and greet and buy that man a beer, he deserves it in my book.

He didn't have to give us a heads up, could have been like the majority of people and not give a :poop:, not tell a soul other than close family and friends around him. Imagine what the
    status of some of us on here would be like if nary a peep was spoken. Yup, you'd be up a creek without a paddle. Sure I had some preps (1 week), but nothing like what l really needed when the panic
    really hit, because of him I stocked up gradually and didn't need to rush out with the masses in the panic that ensued and brought out the worst in people.

Thank you Smokingman,

IBM is buying you a beer when we can resume normal life again.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Seem to be a lot of politicians on tv whining about needing huge numbers more ICU beds for upcoming peaks. If the hydroxychloroquine cocktail can reduce stays from 20 or 25 days to 5 or 6 days, wouldn’t giving it to every patient accomplish the same end by allowing bed turnover to increase by 4 or 5X?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I’m cautiously optimistic we will be over the peak by the end of April, the drug combinations will have enough testing to prove to be helpful, and we can start to relax a little by mid-May. I don’t see the Indy 500 being run with a full crowd in August, but we should be getting closer to a functioning society again.

I was playing with different graphs of the numbers, and the day-over-day increase percentage suggests an inflection point may have actually been back around March 18. There were spikes (in percentage) 3/22 and 3/27-3/28. But, the trendline since then has been shallow, but down. (I think that's a setup for a joke.)

I've been caught out as overly-optimistic earlier (recent INGO castigation aside), so I will simply observe that we need at least a couple more days of data.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Only a sick and twisted individual would even think something like that.

The choice of words was very poor. Words have meaning. If I was one of the cool kids here I would post a video of the happy nerd in the sci-fi movie excitedly saying the explosion that ends the world will be the most beautiful fireworks ever.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Oh please most benevolent overlord, deign to grant me the words that most please you, so I might occupy a righteous position in thine eyes.

No need to please me. But words mean things. Perhaps you are technically proficient, but lack an understanding of social context. Here, let me help you...

The word "achievement" is generally used in American English to denote something positive, unless used in a sarcastic manner, which was not the case with your post.

The word "rebound" generally carries a positive connotation. It can be used in other ways, but when combined with the mention of an "achievement," the most likely interpretation for the reader who speaks American English, and is at least mildly acclimated to the society in which he lives, is the positive interpretation.

Hope this helps. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Who ****ing cares, are you all so ****ing bored that you need to nitpick something like this? Obviously no one here wants more deaths, why act like they do?

Get out, walk a damn dog or something.

*****ing about T's "word choice" is coming from very unserious people.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Who ****ing cares, are you all so ****ing bored that you need to nitpick something like this? Obviously no one here wants more deaths, why act like they do?

Wow. Seems like you may need a little fresh air yourself. :):

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    No need to please me. But words mean things. Perhaps you are technically proficient, but lack an understanding of social context. Here, let me help you...

The word "achievement" is generally used in American English to denote something positive, unless used in a sarcastic manner, which was not the case with your post.

The word "rebound" generally carries a positive connotation. It can be used in other ways, but when combined with the mention of an "achievement," the most likely interpretation for the reader who speaks American English, and is at least mildly acclimated to the society in which he lives, is the positive interpretation.

Hope this helps. :)

Yawn...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Exactly.
    What in the **** is wrong with some of you people. Grow the **** up. You're losing your damn heads and acting like the sheeple.
    Mental notes of who I would never let into my survival circle.
    Step away from the computer for a day or two. Nothing is going to change or break I promise.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The choice of words was very poor. Words have meaning. If I was one of the cool kids here I would post a video of the happy nerd in the sci-fi movie excitedly saying the explosion that ends the world will be the most beautiful fireworks ever.
    We are all equals here. Ingo in days LONG PAST had groups of cool kids and not cool kids and we had big problems from that.
    There may be individuals I can lump together with similar mindsets but I dont looks at anyone who actively contributes at least as more valuable than another.
    Obviously if we have an ER Doc talking about hospital issues I'm gonna listen to than guys opinions on that subject more than the autobody guys on it. If that makes sense.

But we need to stop openly personally attacking each other. Disagree on opinions or info but if a man defends his meaning of a word or phrase give him the benefit of doubt that his word is good on it.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Before the mouse locks this thread again, I want to say that I used to eat fast food all the time and I didn’t have one day’s worth of food in the house before I read Smokingman’s posts way back then. I’ve got everything I need to be shut in here for at least two months now. All thanks to him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom