• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "According to WBZ-TV, the school said Goodwin became agitated, removed his gun license from his wallet, and showed it to Stratton Elementary School principal Michael Hanna."

Do not understand this, yet I see it over and over. They flash their Larry or whatever around to prove they exist or that they are good people. Just don't understand it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'd really like to hear the context around this quote:

“During that discussion I compared my legally owned license to carry firearms with the picture that my son drew,” Goodwin said.

In any event, seems like some irrational overreaction. I mean if the license actually had a a tiny picture of a gun, I could understand the hysteria, but really, what are the chances of that?

...and I want to see the picture.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They can't show us the picture because it would show how absurd the first step in this was. Gru shooting ping pong balls at his minions was "too sexual"? Gru always shoots from the hip if you've seen the movies. It's easier to draw side-view when drawing a scene with two people interacting and facing each other than draw them on top of each other and imagine the distance. Probably a bit of a Roshsak test and the teacher/principal saw what they wanted to.

The dad was probably ticked off that they said his kid was drawing sexually inappropriate stuff and it spiraled from there. Just guessing.

also it sounds like the dad is a bit freaky. A rapper posting YouTube videos and calling out local leaders with words normally reserved for Comedy Central hosts and republican candidates.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WBZ noted that Goodwin, who said he’s a rapper, can be seen in at least one rap video on YouTube wielding knives.
    hunting-rifle-2-e1402321180418.jpg

:rofl:

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    "According to WBZ-TV, the school said Goodwin became agitated, removed his gun license from his wallet, and showed it to Stratton Elementary School principal Michael Hanna."

Do not understand this, yet I see it over and over. They flash their Larry or whatever around to prove they exist or that they are good people. Just don't understand it.

The ludicrousness of the original disagreement aside, it certainly appears as if the guy was flashing the license around as some sort of attempt to intimidate. I see no other reason for it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I still can't believe that you can have property confiscated (and a license revoked) and not even be CHARGED with anything. Let along CONVICTED.

You can behave perfectly legally and STILL be punished? Really?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The ludicrousness of the original disagreement aside, it certainly appears as if the guy was flashing the license around as some sort of attempt to intimidate. I see no other reason for it.
    My thought. Either there is something majorly missing, or he was trying to somehow intimidate the principal.

I would like to see the picture. Ridiculous that any of this had to occur. Even if he was threatening or intimidating somebody, he need to be brought up on official charges before anyone even thinks about confiscating his firearms. If he isn't enough of a danger to put on trial for it he isn't enough of a danger to lose his firearms.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Seems rather dumb to start flashing a carry license around in that situation. What did that have to do with his son's art work? The article said it was a heated discussion, so especially in that situation, why give your "adversary" the ammo to accuse you of making threats? That being said, did he actually threaten the principal? Who knows. But MA being what it is, the outcome isn't surprising. Right or wrong, papa could and should have been smarter than that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I still can't believe that you can have property confiscated (and a license revoked) and not even be CHARGED with anything. Let along CONVICTED.

You can behave perfectly legally and STILL be punished? Really?
    Yup.

Welcome to the nanny state. Well, there was a restraining order, but still...

Top Bottom