Cops of INGO: Are dealer plates confidential?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I had a run in with a road raging wreckless driver in the construction zone of 465 N near 69/Binford. This guy is going to get someone hurt, he tailgates, speeds, passes on the right, flips people off, weaves between cars, and forces his way between vehicles as unsafe distances. I have dashcam video of the incident, showing the unique features of the vehicle and the dealer plate number, but not a face.

I know from past incidents that police do not follow up on driving complaints unless there is a face... so, I am considering sending the dashcam video to his boss instead. But, I don't know which dealership.

Can I just walk up to a cop, show them the video, and ask where I need to call to complain... or are dealer plates confidential like regular plates?

If I turn in the dashcam video to the cops, could I be cited for anything since I was over the limit in the CZ while moving with the rest of traffic?

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    IDACS/BMV records checks are required to be performed in the course of the officers duties. I reckon you could call in a driving complaint and ask for an officer to call you to discuss the matter.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Fun Fact: Indiana Dealer Plates are issued via the Secretary of State’s Office and not the BMV. Administration of dealer designee license plates was transferred to the Secretary of State from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles on July 1, 2017.
    Now back to this regularly scheduled thread…

Top Bottom