Cop goes to class in uniform, Prof calls the Police....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    DISCLAIMER: I am a current college student, however my major is in STEM so I may be slightly biased.

I have not seen this level of ultra liberalism in any of my classes ever so far even at the pretty liberal IUPUI. I have taken a few CJ classes as electives (to avoid the more hippie dippie liberal arts classes like philosophy or gender studies) I had several officers in my classes and they were ALWAYS armed while in class and it was never an issue I even made it a habit to sit either next to or behind the cops in the class (really great people as well love our local PD's)

If I had to guess the officer was probably trying to complete his bachelors and that was a class fulling the liberal arts requirements (they have to be required or no one would take them!!) the Sociology and Psychology departments are full of shall we say "easily triggered" people lots of feelings and whatnot there. Granted I am also of the thought process that every major regardless should have to take an major level Chemistry class, that would really weed out the people who don't belong in college. I also cannot blame colleges for making these super liberal degrees as well as the tuition money from the idiots pays for our cool toys in the Science Department, Electron Microscopes are not cheap you know.

Thus endith the rant, I don't think colleges are as bad as they are made out to be, its just the ultra vocal *****y section that gives the rest of us the bad name because we don't have time to ***** because well we have to study. Speaking of studying back to my Organic Chemistry and Physics notes!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    DISCLAIMER: I am a current college student, however my major is in STEM so I may be slightly biased.

I have not seen this level of ultra liberalism in any of my classes ever so far even at the pretty liberal IUPUI. I have taken a few CJ classes as electives (to avoid the more hippie dippie liberal arts classes like philosophy or gender studies) I had several officers in my classes and they were ALWAYS armed while in class and it was never an issue I even made it a habit to sit either next to or behind the cops in the class (really great people as well love our local PD's)

If I had to guess the officer was probably trying to complete his bachelors and that was a class fulling the liberal arts requirements (they have to be required or no one would take them!!) the Sociology and Psychology departments are full of shall we say "easily triggered" people lots of feelings and whatnot there. Granted I am also of the thought process that every major regardless should have to take an major level Chemistry class, that would really weed out the people who don't belong in college. I also cannot blame colleges for making these super liberal degrees as well as the tuition money from the idiots pays for our cool toys in the Science Department, Electron Microscopes are not cheap you know.

Thus endith the rant, I don't think colleges are as bad as they are made out to be, its just the ultra vocal *****y section that gives the rest of us the bad name because we don't have time to ***** because well we have to study. Speaking of studying back to my Organic Chemistry and Physics notes!!

:p

That's the tequila talking.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bring back the draft. No college deferment this time.
    If .gov pays off their student loans up to that point, OK! If you are going to yank him out of his degree program midstream its the least we can do.*

*and bonus points for also paying for all remaining credit hours when he goes back to obtain the degree he was working toward when you sent him to the trenches.

I think the uniform is not what scared people, the fact that he had a gun in the class room is what scared people.

Of course calling more armed cops in uniform because you're scared one of armed cop in uniform is stupid. :rolleyes:

Also is it common for cops to be wearing their uniform when off duty? :dunno:

Yes. This makes as much sense as calling the Bloods because you are scared that an armed dude with a red bandana is sitting next to you. You are scared of one so you call MORE to come? SMH
    (Sylvain, In case you werent aware there are two famous criminal gangs in the US, the Bloods and the Crips. Enemies. Ying and Yang. Bloods wear red , Crips wear blue )

As for off duty wearing of uniforms, only when they are on their way to/from their shift. Sounds like this fellow fit that bill. He didnt have time to change before going to class.

I guess I should have used purple, hell I've taken a $50 **** before!

No doubt. Poop between 8 and 5 for sure. Let the boss pay for that down time.:rockwoot:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I wish they would! I actually enjoyed that avatar.

hasselhoffian-recursion-1.gif

This one is still much funnier to me, though:
    giphy.gif

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If .gov pays off their student loans up to that point, OK! If you are going to yank him out of his degree program midstream its the least we can do.*

*and bonus points for also paying for all remaining credit hours when he goes back to obtain the degree he was working toward when you sent him to the trenches.

Why should someone that goes involuntarily get more than those that go voluntarily.

And for the record, I am against the draft except in dire emergencies.
    When I was in, I enjoyed the fact that everyone around me volunteered to be there. They weren't always happy, but they volunteered.
    And, putting a buttload of people in, will dilute training and weapons. Some of the reasons we kick ass, is because of training and weapons.
    Next, you're gonna get some oxygen breather that says, "I did my time", even though he worked 25 hours a week making sure the paper clip supply was on hand.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why should someone that goes involuntarily get more than those that go voluntarily.

And for the record, I am against the draft except in dire emergencies.
    When I was in, I enjoyed the fact that everyone around me volunteered to be there. They weren't always happy, but they volunteered.
    And, putting a buttload of people in, will dilute training and weapons. Some of the reasons we kick ass, is because of training and weapons.
    Next, you're gonna get some oxygen breather that says, "I did my time", even though he worked 25 hours a week making sure the paper clip supply was on hand.

Dire emergencies like WWII? I would agree. That was our last full mobilization. Based on what I saw 86-07, we had enough problems with the volunteers.

The ROK has conscription and also has a career force that (for the ROKAF anyway) isn't that different from ours. With about 45 years between our last draft and today our current military WE ARE IN NO WAY READY TO HAVE A CONSCRIPT FORCE! That's both the DoD and the US population. For the ROKs, they make it work. Instead of two guys working end of runway like the USAF does, the ROKAF has a young troop to pull each pin/remove before flight streamer (one ROKAF Airman per pin) prior to launch. When you're paying (in 1993) $12/month plus room and board you can do that.

Back to the subject: the snowflakes will melt before arrival at Ft Leonard-Wood or Great Lakes or Lackland AFB. We are stuck on our current path short of an alien invasion (and I don't mean southern border) or 9/11 X 1,000.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Snipped for brevity. . . .

Back to the subject: the snowflakes will melt before arrival at Ft Leonard-Wood or Great Lakes or Lackland AFB. We are stuck on our current path short of an alien invasion (and I don't mean southern border) or 9/11 X 1,000.

A co-workers son enlisted in the navy to impress daddy but he was so physically ill from crying for mommy all the way to Great Lakes they turned him around and sent him straight home. He wouldn't have been the great navy man like daddy was all those years ago anyway!

Top Bottom