• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 74 or more

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Parke co.
    Contacting Con Bucshon they want ph# , address, email add.
    I feel like I’m on the Hit List because I had to give all this information
    Looking at him spending our Tax $$$ 1 Midland Over Moscow 2. Stop Inflation Spending like a Rino.
    l look at ING comments to gage Indianas attitude and see The Court’s Jesters leaving most comments! So have at it .

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Anytime I email an official in Indiana, it's the same info required.
    I haven't taken the time to obtain their personal phone numbers, to contact them directly.
    So I figure the state already knows the information I submit, as I'm still on-paper here in Indiana.
    Most offices have a fair lag time when responding. Many replies are more generic relating to the topic I wrote them about.
    But a few actually seem to be addressing my specific concerns. Who knows, at this point, even those may just be AI responding.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @74 or more : If you invoke the Court Jesters, you will get the Court Jesters as well as The Usual Suspects.

IIRC you have to include ZIP+4 to email a US Rep.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Standard issue when contacting Congress Critters. THEIR replies will vary.

I had a concern last year about soldiers -some with spouses and minor dependents- PCSing and finding themselves living out of hotels indefinitely due to lack of housing on post and lack of affordable housing off post. My son, a career soldier, and his wife had just landed at Fort Bliss. Houses were selling off post for 10-25% over list price at the time and my kid ain't no dummy. As for housing on post, he was being told that he'd have to wait 6 months before anything would become available.

I contacted Rep. Greg Pence and Sens. Braun and Young as well as their Texas counterparts, explaining the situation and our concerns that this boiled down to a morale, recruiting and retention issue.

None of the Texas Critters replied. All three Indiana Critters responded with varying levels of interest.

- Sen. Young (a former Marine): "Fort Bliss is not in my jurisdiction. Contact appropriate reps in Texas." (Hey, Todd, I already did that.)

- Sen. Braun: Two weeks after my initial outreach: "Thank you for reaching out to us blah blah form letter response."

- Rep. Pence (a former Marine): Within a week, I received a phone call from one of his staffers, asking how the situation was going. I was happy to report to him that out of the blue, a house became available 48 hours after my initial contact. They followed through about a week later to see how things were going.

I just returned from a visit there, where I stayed in their 1950s ranch style home built just behind Commander's Row. Very cool!

I learned a lot about Rep. Pence in that exchange. Going in, he was the one I expected the least from, with Sen. Young as the one most likely to act. I couldn't have called that one any more backwards. I no longer feel like he was a hand-picked yes-man after his brother became VP. I truly believe he worked for us and made something happen for my son and his wife.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom