• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    But isn't the National Guard the Militia around here? Wouldn't "organized" mean that we have a set plan and a rank structure? Or is this only pertinent when the SactuallyHTF?

:popcorn:

You're are forgetting the fact that it is every Citizens' Duty to mount a defense for our Freedoms. A standing Army is beholden to the Government which raised it, equipped it, and pays it. The People are beholden to themselves. We have no duty to follow the wishes and whims of a tyrannical government when it seeks to deprive us of our uninalienable rights.

Pot stirring or not, many have consumed the indoctrinational kool-aid and need to be educated. We have forgotten our Heritage, the roots from which this Nation was born.

Research the writings of the Framers, Jefferson, Hancock, Madison, and Fredrick Douglas, etc with a specific eye to the 2A. You will find that many modern interpretations are in direct opposition to them.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You have been given very clear explanations of the 2A, and definitions of "militia" and "regulated". Now you're just stirring the pot.
    I was stirring the pot in the first place. I thought that was pretty obvious.

However, these are questions that would be asked by anti gunners. Also, you undoubtedly will get the "well that's YOUR interpretation of it, how do you know what they meant, you weren't there?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I believe it was Alan Dershowitz that I heard on a TV program, many years ago, say that if we read the 2nd Amendment as expansively as we do the 1st, there would be NO limitations on our rights to own and carry any weapon we wanted. Of course he didn't think we should do so. But I found it interesting that he conceded the point.

I think the 2nd should be read in the very plain meaning that it is written. I also have always thought that the fact the 2nd is written very differently than most of the rest of the Bill of Rights seems to be lost on the politicians and the Courts. Most of the rest are written as restrictions on the Congress (Congress shall make no law...). The Second says shall not be infringed. So my position has always been it should be read more expansively than the others as including all other law making bodies.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    bear arms means to have. Not necessarily carry. Shall not be infringed is pretty clear cut though.

What dictionary do you get your definition from?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bear?show=1&t=1318440242
    1: a : to move while holding up and supporting (something)
    3: a : to support the weight of

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bear
    1. to hold up; support: to bear the weight of the roof.
    2. to hold or remain firm under (a load): The roof will not bear the strain of his weight.

Last edited:

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    You better bring your "A-Game" with an argument to back it up if you're going to make that statement here.

LOL, I did 2 things, and they were: 1) asked a question 2) made the statement that I was asking 1 because Second Amendment rights werent expressly covered through the course of the constitutional law courses I have taken.

If you were able to misconstrue the question/ statement I made, maybe you should sit down and avoid further statements until you are able to increase your cognitive ability to comprehend what people post.:facepalm:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    bear arms means to have. Not necessarily carry. Shall not be infringed is pretty clear cut though.

I disagree. "Keep" means "to have". Why would they use 2 different words to mean the same thing? Bear means "to bring, convey, to hold up". A simple glance at a dictionary will tell you what bear means. It's not rocket science. :dunno:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Of course you would have to carry it to your dwelling.

To bear arms in public is a privilege. You don't need that to bear arms in a dwelling.

The amount of stupid in these comments makes my brain hurt. Even when confronted with indisputable proof that you are incorrect, you choose to ignore the truth and defer to your own incorrect preconceived ideas. That is no different from what the antis do.

How about what esrice said above? Keep and bear arms means "to have and have arms"?

Top Bottom