• Status
    Not open for further replies.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Is the inverse also true? For example, would someone from Ohio still need a Ohio permit to carry in Indiana? I would assume yes but figured it was worth asking.
    Nope. Constitutional Carry is "no permit" carry for any lawful person, regardless of residency. Only North Dakota's Constitutional Carry requires you to be a ND resident. All the other states with Constitutional Carry are for everyone. (Well, almost everyone. A few states require you to be a U.S. citizen. And while a few states allow it at 18, many require you to be 21.)

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    That's great, but let's get what we can now, while we are still young.

We should be able to stop at the hardware store and pick up a suppressor, on the way to the range. Without asking the king's permission or signing up for anything.

Belive me I understand the sentiment, of it taking too long; I'm likely a bit younger so time is less pressing to me in that regard.

However while we have the momentum, it is a better option to push to remove the entire thing. If the push is against the whole, it is easier to "compromise" the left on either FA, or SBR/SBS's, while still deregulating suppressors.

Ask big up front as it allows for "concessions" that may be needed in the process of getting it across the line.

In that same vein, push for withdrawl from the GCA, but with a more realistic goal of undermining the current admin and keeping home builds.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I am surprised as well. I thought he would choose the option of doing nothing & letting it pass on it's own by the end of the month.
    Ok, so, I will give him some credit points. I go from hating him to just disliking him. How's that?

Also, dudes get to go in the little girls rooms and show them their wieners. Isn't that nice? What a wonderful world we live in. And, we are gonna start seeing a lot of world records in women's sports. lol There ya go, you want it, you get it. Awesome.

Last edited:

Lpherr

Occupied
    Soooo... how many people actually know if they're a proper person? Or how to determine if they are?
    The only thing people will hear is, you can carry a gun without a license.:scratch:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Soooo... how many people actually know if they're a proper person? Or how to determine if they are?
    The only thing people will hear is, you can carry a gun without a license.:scratch:

You don't become an improper person without knowing it.

Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-47-1-7

Next »
    Sec. 7 . “Proper person” means a person who:

(1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44.1-3-1 within five (5) years before the person applies for a license or permit under this chapter;

(2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been sentenced for more than one (1) year;

(3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-78 ), unless a court has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 35-47-4-7 ;

(4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun;

(5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;

(6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;

(7) does not make a false statement of material fact on the person's application;

(8) does not have a conviction for any crime involving an inability to safely handle a handgun;

(9) does not have a conviction for violation of the provisions of this article within five (5) years of the person's application;

(10) does not have an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person applying for a license or permit under this chapter is less than twenty-three (23) years of age;

(11) has not been involuntarily committed, other than a temporary commitment for observation or evaluation, to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority;

(12) has not been the subject of a:

(A) ninety (90) day commitment as a result of proceeding under IC 12-26-6;  or

(B) regular commitment under IC 12-26-7;

(13) has not been found by a court to be mentally incompetent, including being found:

(A) not guilty by reason of insanity;

(B) guilty but mentally ill;  or

(C) incompetent to stand trial;  or

(14) is not currently designated as dangerous (as defined in IC 35-47-14-1 ) by a court following a hearing under IC 35-47-14-6 .

Last edited:

Lpherr

Occupied
    You don't become an improper person without knowing it.
    Have you read some of the posts here on the forum? And you don't think this is running around the state of Indiana in masses?:runaway:
    There are several ways to become improper. There's at least one, that doesn't require being arrested.
    So, yeah people could be improper, and committing a felony, because they "didn't" know.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Have you read some of the posts here on the forum? And you don't think this is running around the state of Indiana in masses?:runaway:
    There are several ways to become improper. There's at least one, that doesn't require being arrested.
    So, yeah people could be improper, and committing a felony, because they "didn't" know.
    Do share. Every circumstance outlined above comes with a veritable mountain of paperwork explaining that you are not a "proper person".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom