• ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Status of 2A/Art-1, Sec 32 legislation in the state house:

there are total 8 bills from the Senate in the House Public Policy Committee - 2 of these are related to firearms
    Neither of these 2 are on the list for Wednesday's hearing in the committee.
    The 5 that are on the list - all are related to the sales of Alcohol this week.
    This committee typically meets on Wednesdays - at 9:00 AM ...

So it is possible that next Wednsday (2/24) would be the first possible day;
    (and FTR - I can not make it if this is the case, I have a very important Dr. Appointment already scheduled that morning; DANGITALLTO^#**)
    I'll try to keep informed but these meetings and planned agendas are often only released with a days notice.

NOTE - this could drag out another week or 2 for this to happen
    The last day for SB's to get a 3rd reading in the House is essentially March 2.
    This is Dermody's committee and he gets to set the agenda - so he's the guy to contact to support these

the two bills have little to do with most of us; SB226 and SB 259 (links by request if you can't find them)
    ... but they are step stones forward;
    and who knows what may happen during the remaining part of the process.

This is not a show up outside with your guns outside thing - this is a PACK the MEETING ROOM
    (no weapons in State Capitol Building/Grounds)
    with 2A shirts, signs, hats and
    SUPER POLITE, but informed attitudes and knowledge.

Depending on what happens and when and notice
    - the other time to show up would be upon second reading in the house chamber ...
    This might be a time to show up outside for a while and then move inside again. ...

:dunno: ... it is a show of unity ... and that we're watching ... not a show of firepower for these events.*

and a chance to possibly speak - articulately, sincerely, and clearly - if given the chance - about 2A issues
    and reach an audience that doesn't have an interest - unless we present a compelling case.

On my front - Life, Not feeling well
    (NOTE: week long stays at a place called "community .... anything" are not fun vaca's - just FYI)
    work and such are making this session harder. So bear with me.

And for any one else - feel free to pick up the baton and lead.
    We were founded my men, women and children that did JUST THAT.
    there was not "one ultimate leader" - but a whole nation of people that stood for liberty.

*I am not against armed rallies, but beyond getting seen - this is about showing our presence, and unity, to the legislature while they discuss and vote this bill and its related issues ...

Thanks for the reminder / questions on this. ... soap box away.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What kind of open carry protest is being organized? I heard a bit of Guy Relford last evening, and he said that the guys carrying AKs and AR-15s in the low ready position are not helping those of us who want Constitutional Carry for handguns. I agree on this point. However, there should be an open carry protest of handgun owners in front of the statehouse, and city county building. I just need to know when and where, even if I have to join in on my way home from work.

I'm sick and tired of hearing people (Guy included if he said that) misuse the term "low ready" when it comes to rifle carry. "Low ready" means shouldered with the muzzle down. I do not think anyone at these rallies or at the local Starbucks is carrying their rifle that way. Let's use the proper terminology folks and quit being our own worst enemy.

Edited to add: If I walked around with a rifle at low ready I'd fully expect to be curbstomped (or worse).

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm sick and tired of hearing people (Guy included if he said that) misuse the term "low ready" when it comes to rifle carry. "Low ready" means shouldered with the muzzle down. I do not think anyone at these rallies or at the local Starbucks is carrying their rifle that way. Let's use the proper terminology folks and quit being our own worst enemy.

Edited to add: If I walked around with a rifle at low ready I'd fully expect to be curbstomped (or worse).

Maybe call it "civilian low ready"? Or maybe there's already a term for a rifle carried slung forward over the shoulder, muzzle pointed downward, with a hand on the pistol grip? Whatever you call it, I agree that such carry should not be used under normal circumstances, and that it potentially implies intent to use the rifle (sort of like walking around with your hand hovering over - or even on top of - a holstered handgun).

IMHO, if you want to carry a long gun: carry on! But keep your hand off of the grips. Carrying != handling.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maybe call it "civilian low ready"? Or maybe there's already a term for a rifle carried slung forward over the shoulder, muzzle pointed downward, with a hand on the pistol grip? Whatever you call it, I agree that such carry should not be used under normal circumstances, and that it potentially implies intent to use the rifle (sort of like walking around with your hand hovering over - or even on top of - a holstered handgun).

IMHO, if you want to carry a long gun: carry on! But keep your hand off of the grips. Carrying != handling.

Agreed. Carrying does not equal handling. In the words of Kirk, "STOP TOUCHING IT". Holstered or slung, keep your grubby little paws off of it unless it's business time. Fewer NDs and nervous sheeple (and cops).

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If these were planned out more than a day in advance, I could make it. Unfortunately, it's hard to drop everything. Next year, I fully plan on making it to the Statehouse for some open carry protest. I say we make it as many as possible and NO long guns. Handguns only, holstered, pro 2A shirts and signs. Let's MAKE people see us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Honestly I don't see the value in protests if there are only 10s or hundreds protesting. All that does is demonstrate how little support there is for the cause. We laugh at "mom's demand" when only a few people show up to their rallies. I imagine they'll laugh at us too.

Thousands. Now that says something. Is it possible to energize thousands of Hoosiers to take time from their leisure to support something like constitutional carry? Hell, I doubt we can get a hundred people to call or write their representatives to demand the bill gets to the floor.

Top Bottom