• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I joined a small conservation club in Morgan Co.(Paragon Conservation Club,Paragon IN.) and it don't have much of a range. I was wanting to get some info from other clubs and hows their range was set up. Like how many lanes,distances,do they have bench's or covered area for the shooter,,are they on flat ground? I'm adding some pictures --do you see anything wrong here?
    28kspih.jpg
    21jaikj.jpg
    24lkh2d.jpg
    330y70k.jpg
    35miarl.jpg
    24n2vz7.jpg

Notice that your shooting by a swing set,,across a driveway and the 100yd bench & target are both up a hill? Any info and pictures wll be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Where is this, whats it name, ??? I like the looks of the land as long as no one allowed down there while your up there.. Also dropping those front trees would be a good start..

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Lol really? Yes it looks nice ,but is a pain to carry all your stuff up hill to the bench. Also there is no way to stop people from driving by to get to the pond,and if some one decided to come have a picnic with their kids then your done for that time.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I know where it is. I am getting ready to drop $35.00 for this years dues. I have a range at my place and rarely use this one. I do like to support them and thus the dues are paid and I have yet another place outside of mine should I decide to go. The guys are just down home fellas. Good people doing the best with what they have. They welcome anyone and maybe if the membership rises enough they'll have the money for improvements.

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I know where it is. I am getting ready to drop $35.00 for this years dues. I have a range at my place and rarely use this one. I do like to support them and thus the dues are paid and I have yet another place outside of mine should I decide to go. The guys are just down home fellas. Good people doing the best with what they have. They welcome anyone and maybe if the membership rises enough they'll have the money for improvements.
    You are right they are some great people.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'd like more info on this place????....location, name, photos of surrounding land, etc....I'd be willing to offer help with advancing his range for the better of our shooting community

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Danville CC has 4 covered lanes. Backstops at about 25 feet, 50 yds, 75 yds, and 100 yds. Pretty flat, compared to your pics. The range area is completely separate from other activities (swings, picnic tables, and the lake). It is a little range, but nice enough.

I can't imagine shooting where someone could just walk/drive into the lane!

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    why is the name and location of this morgan county club such a secret.

I'm a member of Martinsville conservation club and I'm the treasurer for HHRP.org

I think the HHRP outdoor range is set up about a good as you can get for a small club, you can back your car up to within 10 ft of your shooting bench, Dues are $75 Plus a onetime $25 fee your first time.

Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

http://hhrp.org/pictures/Fall%20colors.jpg
    I'm sorry i wasn't trying to keep it a secret. :dunno: guess i wasn't thinking lol. Its the Paragon Conservation Club, Off of paragon rd. I also edited my first post. Thank you for your input and the picture of your range was nice.

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    Would it be possible to get some information (mailing address, contact info) for this club, Martinsville club is at capacity(no memberships available) and would like to help support another option near me.

Thanks

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Would it be possible to get some information (mailing address, contact info) for this club, Martinsville club is at capacity(no memberships available) and would like to help support another option near me.

Thanks
    the martinsville club only takes a fixed number of members and it filled up on Jan 3rd or something like that.

If you ever shoot with a friend martinsville is not the place for you they are very restrictive on bringing guests and even have 1/2 thier board meetings closed to members.:dunno:

HHRP is accepting new members although it looks like its a much longer drive for you.

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    It must be a very popular place or a very low turn over, I have tried for two years now, perhaps I need to camp out on the first. lol.

I do appreciate the info on Hoosier hills, thank you.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    If you ever shoot with a friend martinsville is not the place for you they are very restrictive on bringing guests and even have 1/2 thier board meetings closed to members.:dunno:

HHRP is accepting new members although it looks like its a much longer drive for you.

I may be wrong, but I thought that a Martinsville CC member can bring one guest with them, I think it is with the intent to have the person join,????

And by no means wanting to change the subject, But at HHRP.. Can you bring a guest,??? Do like the look of your range, What would someone have to do to try it out before joining, if that is possible???

Mucho thanks for getting the name of the 1st location for us..

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I am glad I can shoot at Elwood CC. We have covered benches with 25, 50, 75 and 100 yd backstops. I think 10-12 shooting stations, total for rifle. There is a 10 yd pistol backstop with 2 covered stations. Really nice people and good safety habits.

Link to web site;
    Untitled document

Top Bottom