• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    The CT senator wants to "censor" the NRA-sponsored Texas race just because of the sponsorship of the NRA.

But, it is fine and okay for Bloomberg's anti-gun commercials to continue playing on our tv screens.

Senator, you can't have it both ways!

I have been utilizing my own censorship. Shows that push the gay agenda like Grey's Anatomy and Scandal are banned in my house. Liberals puke fests like Modern Family are a no no too. :ar15::ar15:

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hey Senator Tree Hugger, if you don't like it don't watch the %#$# race. Personally, I'm proud of Eddie Gossage with Texas Motor Speedway for not backing down.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Last night at work, Fox network feed called it the Texas 500, not the NRA 500. I think Fox is skirting the issue also.

Was this a local feed or national feed that skirted the issue? If it's a national feed, how hypocritical of them to want to avoid the evil NRA yet proudly show The Following (which, IMO, is a fantastic show), in which people are brutally killed or nearly beaten to death each week.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    From CBS Sports:

FORT WORTH, Texas --Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy wrote to the News Corp. chief that the race is taking place during Senate consideration of legislation to reduce gun violence in the wake of the elementary school shootings last December in Newtown, Conn. Murphy said the race will give national attention "to an organization that has been the face of one side of this heated debate."
    Oh really Senator. I guess you will be objecting to this little ploy then as well seeing how Obama is willing to use the other side of the issue to further his agenda.

"The White House says the mother of a Newtown shooting victim will deliver the weekly presidential radio and Internet address,"

Obama to Hand Mic to Newtown Victim's Mom for Weekly Radio Address | The Weekly Standard

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    What is worse is Nascar announced they will re-evaluate how they choose sponsors in the future especially during current issues. So this will probably mean we won't be seeing anymore gun related ads, sponsors, races, etc. in the future. What ever happened to the "good old boys" of Nascar? Looks like they run and hide when those aggressive northern politicians tell them what they can and cannot do. I guess cigarettes, booze and viagara are acceptable forms of sponsorship but that evil NRA is a no no. If nascar execs cave on this, I will never support or spend a cent of my money on anything nascar related again.

OK, JMHO, but NASCAR, was WINSTON CUP, for how many YEARS..... THEY backed down on the NAME, why not this too ????? ( I still say Winston Cup, just to make some people MAD ) !!!!! :twocents:

Remember the ad, with Dale E., he drove into the woods, and said, sorry I'm late, I had to drive 500 miles just to get here.....( as he took off his racing suit, and had on camo., underneath ...).

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    OK, JMHO, but NASCAR, was WINSTON CUP, for how many YEARS..... THEY backed down on the NAME, why not this too ?????

Actually, the tobacco lawsuit settlements dictated that tobacco companies had to pull out of advertising in auto racing. For several years afterward they continued to sponsor teams and events but couldn't directly advertise. Hence, why Penske kept the red and white Marlboro paint schemes with their Indycars and why Marlboro did fan events even though the cars had no reference to the company whatsoever.

mikem1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    sometimes the dems make me laugh, mostly they make me sad. how did the commies get so deep in that party? its so sad.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Sounds like the Senator is now working on taking away Free Speech.
    Or just attacking Fox because that'll get him brownie points with the current Fuhrer.
    I've said it before.
    If the Second Amendment gets destroyed, they all get destroyed.:noway:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    sometimes the dems make me laugh, mostly they make me sad. how did the commies get so deep in that party? its so sad.

Don't exaggerate their numbers. Most Dem voters are not on board with this stuff, but simply aren't paying attention, or don't care one way or the other.

As far as a hard core goes, it's amazing what Bloomberg's money can buy.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Sounds like the Senator is now working on taking away Free Speech.
    Or just attacking Fox because that'll get him brownie points with the current Fuhrer.
    I've said it before.
    If the Second Amendment gets destroyed, they all get destroyed.:noway:
    This is what I was thinking, don't use the 1st so we can take the 2nd; and clearly have intentions of taking more.

Maybe the NRA could swap those 6 shooters with an AR full of blanks.....:ar15::dunno::popcorn: Though I suppose political accuracy would require it be 2 shots from a double barreled shotgun, and only if Patrick wins. :draw:

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Guide says NRA 500, i plan to eat pizza , drink beer, cuss anytime #48 is in the lead, and have a good ol time. And since i will be at home doing this, i can even watch in my underwear! Although all the other peeps comin over to watch may not want that, heh ;)

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    What is worse is Nascar announced they will re-evaluate how they choose sponsors in the future especially during current issues. So this will probably mean we won't be seeing anymore gun related ads, sponsors, races, etc. in the future. What ever happened to the "good old boys" of Nascar? Looks like they run and hide when those aggressive northern politicians tell them what they can and cannot do. I guess cigarettes, booze and viagara are acceptable forms of sponsorship but that evil NRA is a no no. If nascar execs cave on this, I will never support or spend a cent of my money on anything nascar related again.

I'm guessing its more of a CYA move on their part. I don't see NASCAR saying no to sponsorship money. It would likely still be "Winston Cup" if the Feds hadn't outlawed tobacco advertising.

Top Bottom