• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I only watched the last 100 laps but I did not hear the NRA mentioned once. Were the broadcasters forbidden from mentioning the race's title sponsor? If so the NRA should sue the hell out of NASCAR and FOX.

MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    The NRA had better ask for a public apology and a refund for their sponsorship!! I tuned in to watch the "NRA 500" and they switched races to the "Texas 500"! I wonder how they can run two races on the same track at the same time? I still haven't seen the results for the NRA 500.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Pure fascism on display. Who knows what all else like this happens behind the scenes and what else like this is ignored by the state-run media.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I watched the NRA 500 from Texas last night. I did hear Mike Joy say "NRA 500" two or three times during the race. Also, there was only a brief glimpse of the NRA insignia painted on the infield as the camera(s) followed the cars down the front straight.:rolleyes:

Kyle Busch swept Texas this year, winning both the Nationwide and the Cup races. YAY! :rockwoot:

And, thankfully, the 48 car was not really in contention!:D

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    I only watched the last 100 laps but I did not hear the NRA mentioned once. Were the broadcasters forbidden from mentioning the race's title sponsor? If so the NRA should sue the hell out of NASCAR and FOX.

Couldn't agree more, TEXAS 500, was Texas sponsoring the race? I was really pizzed off at Fox for bending over for the left. Didn't even see the pair of revolvers the winner received.
    It must have been for the children!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    A friend asked the Texas Motor Speedway on facebook on this issue. The naming rights to the race is between the track and sponsor. If the sponsor wants mentioned on broadcast, they have to pay the broadcaster also (though they may get some free mentions like someone mentioned). Lets not jump all over Fox yet until we know if NRA tried to get broadcasting sponsorship also.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    A friend asked the Texas Motor Speedway on facebook on this issue. The naming rights to the race is between the track and sponsor. If the sponsor wants mentioned on broadcast, they have to pay the broadcaster also (though they may get some free mentions like someone mentioned). Lets not jump all over Fox yet until we know if NRA tried to get broadcasting sponsorship also.

That's why I used the word "If" in post #41.

Top Bottom