• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Ok, I know it's not lawful to CC in Ohio with an Indiana permit, but Ohioans can CC in Indiana. I go to Ohio alot (family is there), and was thinking about getting a Utah permit so I could CC.
    Well My wife was talking to one of her "gun guy" clients and he told her I should wait, because Indiana was going to start having a class in order to get your permit (the main reason Ohio won't recognize Indiana's permit). Apparently it will be a short class and everyone who already has a permit will be grandfathered in. He supposedly got this info from a Cop friend. The class will be basically about the gun laws in Indiana. Once Indiana has a Class, Ohio will start honoring our permit.
    Normally I don't listen to all the he said, she said stuff, but this intreaged me. So, has any of you heard about this?

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    I am awaiting an email from the Buckeye hand gun owners assoc. in regard to basicly the same question. I will post my findings when I hear something.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Never heard of it never seen any legislative action to alter the current rules. It's like those people who always say "they're gonna get rid of the lifetime permit soon". Sounds like he-said she-said to me, and cops aren't usually the ones to ask about legislative action either.

:twocents:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    NateIU10

Oh, come on!

My cousion's sister's grandfather's niece on my mother's side, friend was told by a mall ninja who heard it on The Internet, so it's gotta be true!

Well if there is a ninja involved.... that's different.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Well I feel better if you heard it from a mall ninja. They know everything.

I'm not saying its true, just wanting to know if anyone else if heard it.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Utah License
    $100 class
    $14 for photographs etc. (est.)
    $60 first time license
    $10 renewal fees

Under $200 for your Utah license for the first four years. $10 every 4 years after that isn't such a big deal.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If I were an Indiana resident, I'd just go ahead and get the Florida/Utah/whatever license and be done with it. Waiting for the government to move is not generally a successful strategy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Especially since there is no move by the government to impose any kind of training requirement for the LTCH (which is good in my opinion). Waiting for something that will only happen in a rumor mill is not going to be rewarding.

Brian@ITC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Richmond, IN
    I have my Utah permit just so I can carry in Ohio since we teach there a lot and I am over there several times a week.

If and when you get either a Utah or Florida permit, you need to make sure that you get an Ohio Law book for the AG. Their laws are somewhat flaky and you can get in trouble real quick if you don't know all of the rules. I teach Ohio CCW Courses and every time I do a class, I just think how lucky we are in Indiana!!!

Here is the scoop from one of the attorney's who plays a major role in passing Ohio CCW laws. Defending yourself in Ohio with or without a firearm is a "criminal act". YOU have the burden of proof that you did not initiate, escalate, or continue the situation. The book will tell you more. I encourage you to get one because they are FREE!!!

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I have my Utah permit just so I can carry in Ohio since we teach there a lot and I am over there several times a week.

If and when you get either a Utah or Florida permit, you need to make sure that you get an Ohio Law book for the AG. Their laws are somewhat flaky and you can get in trouble real quick if you don't know all of the rules. I teach Ohio CCW Courses and every time I do a class, I just think how lucky we are in Indiana!!!

Here is the scoop from one of the attorney's who plays a major role in passing Ohio CCW laws. Defending yourself in Ohio with or without a firearm is a "criminal act". YOU have the burden of proof that you did not initiate, escalate, or continue the situation. The book will tell you more. I encourage you to get one because they are FREE!!!

Thank you for the information. I thought that Ohio just passed the Castle Doctrine though?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ok, I know it's not lawful to CC in Ohio with an Indiana permit, but Ohioans can CC in Indiana. I go to Ohio alot (family is there), and was thinking about getting a Utah permit so I could CC.
    Well My wife was talking to one of her "gun guy" clients and he told her I should wait, because Indiana was going to start having a class in order to get your permit (the main reason Ohio won't recognize Indiana's permit). Apparently it will be a short class and everyone who already has a permit will be grandfathered in. He supposedly got this info from a Cop friend. The class will be basically about the gun laws in Indiana. Once Indiana has a Class, Ohio will start honoring our permit.
    Normally I don't listen to all the he said, she said stuff, but this intreaged me. So, has any of you heard about this?

I will fight this new law vigorously, as should we all. It's too easy to say "Oh well, it's just ___ in the class, and that's not too onerous, and besides, they're grandfathering everyone in!"
    It only takes one bad legislature, and that's likely this time around, and one bad governor (so's that) to change it from "just this" to "all that" and to remove grandfathering and to make the lifetime LTC go away. Get a UT CCW, if you want 33 states. We have a thread going, started by ryanmercer, in which we've been talking about a training class on the 19th. If you can't make that, the instructor is on here, too, and I'm sure could be prevailed upon to teach another class.

Oh, and Lars? :) It's five years. :thumbsup:

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom