• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    So apolgize in advance for beating the dead horse on this topic.

But as of right now i have a Para P14 1911, which i love to death, I like the 14+1 of 45 ACP and the full 5 inch barrel however Im kind of looking for something smaller, for conceal and what not.

I have been looking at a Glock 26, Ruger LC9, but looking for other suggestions, i would like to keep the price below 500 or so. Caliper around 9mm, 45ACP

Im either thinking small of the back, inside my right hip or ankle holster as well.
    Just looking for ideas and suggestions on what fellow INGOers have had and what they reccommend.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw

But as of right now i have a Para P14 1911, which i love to death, I like the 14+1 of 45 ACP and the full 5 inch barrel however Im kind of looking for something smaller, for conceal and what not.

I have been looking at a Glock 26, Ruger LC9, but looking for other suggestions, i would like to keep the price below 500 or so. Caliper around 9mm, 45ACP

Im either thinking small of the back, inside my right hip or ankle holster as well.
    Just looking for ideas and suggestions on what fellow INGOers have had and what they reccommend.
    Have a Glock 26.. LOVE IT!!! :rockwoot:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock 26, Kahr PM9, or Smith & Wesson 642 would all be at the top of my list. You might check out a Glock 36 as well.

I ended up going with J frame revolver.

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    My only issue is i have a fairly large hand and when i grip the smaller guns my pinky is just chilling having nothing to do and it feels quite uncomfortable, with these guns do they have the umm ( not sure what to call it ) magazine grips or something so my pinky has something to grasp onto?

nvb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    if your looking for thin i liked my kahr cw9 if you want a double stack i'd look a the caracal. you can get them below 500 right now

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    +1 on the Kahr cw45. I have big hands too but can get a full grip. I also have a Glock 36 with Pierce +1 extension on 4 of the 6 magazines, perfect. No need to buy different caliber of ammo.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Buddy just picked up a Ruger SR9C. Has 1 smaller mag, and a second one with a grip extension on it to give your pinky something to do.
    Haven't shot it myself, but he likes it quite a bit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have a Beretta Nano. It has one of the smoothest trigger pulls for a DAO, with a "Glock style" trigger. Being a slight bit top heavy makes for some really smooth recoil on it. I was pleasantly surprised with it. There is nowhere near any snappiness as there would we with, say a Kel-Tec PF9. After almost 800 rds through mine, it has passed to be one of my EDCs.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    My only issue is i have a fairly large hand and when i grip the smaller guns my pinky is just chilling having nothing to do and it feels quite uncomfortable, with these guns do they have the umm ( not sure what to call it ) magazine grips or something so my pinky has something to grasp onto?

A bunch of guy's must have missed this post, as they keep posting rec's for mouse guns that have tiny grips. The glock 30 with pearce extentions should be about right. PG 30 on the 10 rounder and a PG 29 on the 9 rounder should be GTG. Besides it looks like the OP is already a 45 guy why change up and move down to a 9 or 40?

Birdman, go to one of LGS and handle a G30, it will conceal way better than the P14.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

I conceal carry a Glock 26 inside the waist band using this Ghould & Goodrich holster:

Gould%20Goodrich%20B890%20inside%20trouser%20holster.jpg

It's comfortable and easy to take off / put on. The only changes I've done with it are adding night sights and a +2 pinky grip to the magazines. I also have big hands but adding the +2 pinky grip helped tremendously and I have no complaints with the Glock 26. I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom