• jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Computer help needed...

I have an HP DV3T-2000 Laptop.

About 2 weeks ago the screen would white out during usage, closing the laptop and opening would cure the problem. Now the screen does not even display, and the Cap and Scroll Lock lights blink in unison.

Other than turning it into a skeet target, is there any possibility of repair?!
    And what Options are there?!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Could be a simple fix possibly, could be the mother board or the screen as well. Have you googled what the 2 lights blinking together mean? (if anything)

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Could be static locked. Take the battery out, disconnect the power cord, and short the battery connectors, on the computer, not the battery itself, with steel wool, or tinfoil to drain off any static charge built up.

Before putting the battery in, see if it will work with the power cord connected.

If it were me, I would next try to boot the computer from a USB stick with a bookable copy of linux. This will tell you if it is a hardware problem that behaves the same with two completely different operating systems, or it is a problem with your windows.

Where are you located? PM me if you are anywhere near Plainfield, Indiana.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am located in the NE corner of Clinton County.

Judging by the links to the HP Forums, the LEDs blinking is either a bad RAM or the CPU is shot...

I have tried running it without the Battery, no change.
    Attempting to run it on an external Monitor, as soon as I find an extra one...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Bout time for an upgrade.

oldlaptop.jpg

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I have an ASUS N53S notebook that I bought last December. I think the battery is already dying. I've noticed that for the last couple months if I run it without being plugged in, my main screen is white & it keeps going to sleep if I walk away from it for a few minutes. Then it is slow when I wake it up. Maybe it's a teenager. :)

I figure I just need a new battery. It's still under warranty but I don't want to send it in for a couple weeks or longer just for a battery.

Top Bottom