Competitive shooting will get you killed on the streets.... ??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    “- Little Bill Daggett: Being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don’t do no harm, but it don’t mean much next to being cool-headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he’ll kill ya.
    – W.W. Beauchamp: But if the other fella is quicker, and fires first…
    – Little Bill Daggett: Then he’ll be hurrying, and he’ll miss. Look here… that’s about as fast as I can draw, and aim, and hit anything more than ten feet away… ‘less it’s a barn.” –‘Unforgiven’.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Where one benefits by mastering the shooting sports is what to take with you on the streets and what not to take with you. There are many instances where a gunfight survivor cannot or will not try the shooting sports where the competitors track their results.

Consider this, of all the reasons for using a gun…
    Hunting
    Collecting
    Merchant
    Police
    Military
    Defense
    Training
    Security

The only one that requires the hard work and commitment to working up to master and exposing your scores along the way to a better skill set, is competing in the shooting sports.

I know of trainers, military, police, security officers, sales counter clerks, gun store owners and hunters from all walks of life that can and do keep their job and yet can’t pass a simple Novice classification used by the shooting sports.

Yes, there are training scars but the end justifies the means. Step up, stand out and task yourself to a better skill set by jumping in the shooting sports pool.

Prove it to the roster and better yet…prove it to yourself.

See you on the range,

Trapper

Last edited:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Where one benefits by mastering the shooting sports is what to take with you on the streets and what not to take with you. There are many instances where a gunfight survivor cannot or will not try the shooting sports where the competitors track their results.

Consider this, of all the reasons for using a gun…
    Hunting
    Collecting
    Merchant
    Police
    Military
    Defense
    Training
    Security

The only one that requires the hard work and commitment to working up to master and exposing your scores along the way to a better skill set, is competing in the shooting sports.

I know of trainers, military, police, security officers, sales counter clerks, gun store owners and hunters from all walks of life that can and do keep their job and yet can’t pass a simple Novice classification used by the shooting sports.

Yes, there are training scars but the end justifies the means. Step up, stand out and task yourself to a better skill set by jumping in the shooting sports pool.

Prove it too the roster and better yet…prove it to yourself.

See you on the range,

Trapper

I still belong to Guns Save Life a grassroots group in Illinois, been a member for close to 20 years and many friends even though I live here in wonderful Indiana. I was recently a speaker at one of the monthly meetings where I was promoting becoming involved in shooting sports especially IDPA.
    As I said there I do not consider shooting sports to be self defense training it is still beneficial to those who carry. You become familiar with your handgun and drawing from concealment, shooting multiple and sometimes moving targets. All this should make most anyone more confident in their gun handling skills. Jim.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good stuff there.

Side note, that is a sore subject with John of ASP, the guy finished with an empty gun and no apparent reload.

John said the gun fight was over so it didn't matter for the guy? Still he was standing there in the open with an empty gun, after just downing two assailants. Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking that would be a bad time to be carrying a boat anchor? :scratch:

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    Good stuff there.

Side note, that is a sore subject with John of ASP, the guy finished with an empty gun and no apparent reload.

John said the gun fight was over so it didn't matter for the guy? Still he was standing there in the open with an empty gun, after just downing two assailants. Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking that would be a bad time to be carrying a boat anchor? :scratch:

Yup. John even said that there was a stand-off at the restaurant with the remaining thugs when police arrived. The remaining thug(s) could have easily come to the aid of their comrades against a now empty samaritan. Samaritan did pick up the thug gun though (whether he could drive the junk effectively or even get it to run is open for debate.)

Top Bottom