• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I would like to contribute to this forum. The day I'm doing this seemed like the right thing to do. Lets talk TIPS, SOLUTIONS, IDEAS. Everytime I think I have an idea to make us strong from the inside out; not the outside in I'm going to post it. I hope this works. If you disagree with an idea; give us yours. Were both right we just have two different ways at looking at it.

Down the road if the list gets long I will copy and paste them to be printed off in pdf form.

Talk to a neighbor today.
    (Community awarness)Have a block party.
    (Community awarness)
    Have a yard sale
    (Personal finance)
    If you have debt sell gold to get out; if you don't have debt buy gold
    (Personal finance)
    Don't squeeze the handle at a gas station all the way. I hear you lose some of the pressure of the gas and your paying for more gas then your getting.
    (Community tip)

These were just examples off the top of my head.

Last edited:

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Besides the typical yardsale. Has anyone seen a quick and easy way to gain revnue (legally). I'm just looking for ways to eliminate debt without effecting my paychecks?

Last edited:

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Male: sell sperm
    Female: sell eggs
    Both: sell plasma
    Skilled: check the "need help" sticky
    Pro -obama: apply for food stamps

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    First, welcome to the INGO forums H.Rearden.

Anyway I've found that a very good way to bring a small community together is to start a community garden, not only is it a great way to get to know your neighbors, the resulting fresh produce also helps supplement everyone's food budgets.

But you have to be-careful to avoid the "little red hen" syndrome that occasionally pops up with some community gardens, make sure that everyone who volunteers to participate realizes that they actually have to regularly show up to help till, plant, weed, water & fertilize the garden to reap the benefits at harvest time.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Great idea on the garden

Great idea on the garden. The poem from mmills50 not really what I was looking for. Looking for positive solutions.

How about this for a tip.
    You should have an average of two gallons of water in your house per person in case hyperinflation or other disaster hits to last within a six month period.

Last edited:

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Anytime ZombieApocolypse. I guess you get more air going through the handle then the actual gas.
    I want to find as many tips and solutions I can everyday.

Inflating your tires up to recommended PSI once a week will give you better gas mileage as well. (Personal Finance)

Last edited:

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    The average millionaire reads one non-fiction book a month. The millionaires didn't inherit their wealth.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The average millionaire reads one non-fiction book a month. The millionaires didn't inherit their wealth.

Ok, I'm not knocking the importance of reading, but what does that prove?

I've met many millionaires, and roughly half of them are "old money" from family estates. There are many self-made entrepreneurs as well, I suppose I should see what they're reading.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Air in a liquid pump? Air leaks in liquid pumps cause drastic pressure drops. If the pump is sucking air in then the liquid flow will decrease rapidly. Pressing the nozzle on the gas pump is akin to pressing the nozzle on your garden hose, air is flowing in neither.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Reading

I thought it would be motivating. I don't know why I capitalized studying. I believe it was Consumer reports or Dave Ramsey on the non-fiction book part. I apologize if you don't like what I'm listing. You should always question what someone puts on these threads I understand that. As I hear a tip, idea, or solution I will try to find the source. Do you have any tips or ideas that will make a community strong.
    (danielocean03 or VUPDblue) I bet you've got something that could help someone.

I attended a block party a week ago and I never felt more proud to be in a community. I talked to people on my street I have never seen before. All of us live in the living rooms with internet and tv and we are so isolated. I was thinking when I was there if hyperinflation or something bad were to happen would I be able to barter with these people and would we protect each other. Just a thought.

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I thought it would be motivating. I don't know why I capitalized studying. I believe it was Consumer reports or Dave Ramsey on the non-fiction book part. I apologize if you don't like what I'm listing. You should always question what someone puts on these threads I understand that. As I hear a tip, idea, or solution I will try to find the source. Do you have any tips or ideas that will make a community strong.
    (danielocean03 or VUPDblue) I bet you've got something that could help someone.

I attended a block party a week ago and I never felt more proud to be in a community. I talked to people on my street I have never seen before. All of us live in the living rooms with internet and tv and we are so isolated. I was thinking when I was there if hyperinflation or something bad were to happen would I be able to barter with these people and would we protect each other. Just a thought.

I have a couple of questions, why did you title this thread the way you did? Do you really know the actual member John Galt on this forum? Hank Rearden is also a member of the cast of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged", that's the only reason I'm asking.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    My "poem" was a 4 tips on how to get out of dept. 1,3,4 helped me pay off my credit cards without hurting my pay check. Last one is a joke.

Here's a tip just for you: lighten up .... You'll live longer, in life, love, and on this forum

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I understand the poem now. Good one. I was not BS'ing. I believe that about the reading. Yes I actually do know the John Galt on the board (we actually live on the same block in the same city) and yes I have read Atlas Shrugged. It is not by accident. The John Galt on the forum is independent, TEA party, patriot dream. He has open my mind to a lot of thought. If he reads this he will think I'm sucking up.

Today I read on another site that if you use a credit card or debit card that you spend on average 15% more then you would if you pay with cash (personal finance). I know going on a cash diet would be hard, but actually giving away the money hurts more than a swipe.

Last edited:

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Have any of your heard about taking your rain water from your gutter and rerouting it to your garden and flowers.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Grocery stores are starting to pump in certain smells into the stores to make you hungary. Never go to the grocery store hungary it effects your buying habits. Eat something before you go. (Personal finance)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Have any of your heard about taking your rain water from your gutter and rerouting it to your garden and flowers.

In some states, collecting rainwater is illegal.

Grocery stores are starting to pump in certain smells into the stores to make you hungary. Never go to the grocery store hungary it effects your buying habits. Eat something before you go. (Personal finance)

If you don't shop hungry, how will you know what sounds good to eat for that late-night snack?

Top Bottom