• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is common sense to get guns away from those who cannot legally have them.
    Therefore, all felons in possession of a firearm should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    Also, all minors carrying a concealed handgun should be prosecuted as adults to the fullest extent of the law.
    Finally, it should be advertised that the prosecutions will happen and the maximum sentences will be imposed.

In short order, criminals and minors would reduce the times they carry guns and be less likely to use them if they did carry.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ahem, let me be the first among many here to inform you I think a felon who has served their time and is now out walking freely among us should have the rights fully restored. If they are too dangerous to have a firearm, they shouldn’t be walking among us, they should remain incarcerated. Non-violent felons shouldn’t lose their firearms rights in the first place.

I now don my Nomex underwear in preparation for…

:flamethrower:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps the law should be changed, but prosecutions should happen and be publicized to change the behavior of those who illegally carry and shoot up the streets of our cities.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Ahem, let me be the first among many here to inform you I think a felon who has served their time and is now out walking freely among us should have the rights fully restored. If they are too dangerous to have a firearm, they shouldn’t be walking among us, they should remain incarcerated. Non-violent felons shouldn’t lose their firearms rights in the first place.

I now don my Nomex underwear in preparation for…

:flamethrower:
    Hope Nomex works as well for you as it did for Mario back in '69:

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Some states allow felons to have all rights restored. They might not be able to pass a 4473 but can still own a firearms. Just like 19 years olds and handguns.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    There's literally nothing even remotely "common sense" about gun control as we know it. It's self-contradicting. If there were any common sense, government would stop thinking up new crimes thus creating new criminals out of the lawful and peaceable citizenry who were never the problem in the first place.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Therefore, all felons in possession of a firearm should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    Also, all minors carrying a concealed handgun should be prosecuted as adults to the fullest extent of the law.
    Finally, it should be advertised that the prosecutions will happen and the maximum sentences will be imposed.

In short order, criminals and minors would reduce the times they carry guns and be less likely to use them if they did carry.

Better idea:

End the concept of second class citizens that allows those with felonies to walk the same sidewalk your kids do on the way to school.
    Lock them up and don't release them until you're comfortable with the concept of them carrying a gun on the same street your kids walk.

No more need for NICS, no more need for any of this nonsense. If your record means you can't have a gun, then you have no business mingling in society.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Perhaps the law should be changed, but prosecutions should happen and be publicized to change the behavior of those who illegally carry and shoot up the streets of our cities.
    Short of public executions, most of the perps you are hoping to change simply don’t care. If they’ve been in the joint already, and they’re now out, they will do anything to keep from going back inside, including killing a cop or anyone else who might put them back there. Put the animals of society in cages where they belong. Restore the rights of those who don’t belong in cages.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash

You're an optimist. You think that everyone in felony possession of firearms would be treated equally. Not how it works.

As you pass an ever-increasing number of laws, the disparity with which they're enforced grows, creating an unequal balance of power and situations like what we see today.

The best laws create neither victims nor second-class citizens, and are not overly complex nor far-reaching.

Count me in as another who believes full rights should be restored upon completion of punishment.

Further, we need prison reform to allow people who are locked up to come out as productive citizens.

Those who aren't interested in doing anything but being parasites on society need to stay locked up.

Top Bottom