• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This guy, Gregg Doyel also think players should be forced to take an experimental vaccine. So **** him.

Right, but he can still be correct on the JT situation. If one shunned everyone that succumbed to the biggest psych op in history one would have no clients, customers, even friends…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Training camp hype across the league is always hilarious this time of year.

“How was this player still available in the 4th round!?”

“Watch this rookie run this route vs nobody, he looks incredible!”

“(Fill in the blank organization) are really excited about x player. He’s been an absolute stud in training camp.”
    And another. This probably sells season tickets…

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    Maybe a long shot but does anyone have two extra bears/colts joint practice tickets? I was nursing a broken leg when they became available and missed out. I’m a big bears fan and the gf loves the colts- we live in Westfield and would love to go.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Maybe a long shot but does anyone have two extra bears/colts joint practice tickets? I was nursing a broken leg when they became available and missed out. I’m a big bears fan and the gf loves the colts- we live in Westfield and would love to go.
    I can't help you with tickets, but I do like your gf's taste in football teams better than yours. LOL, just kidding. I hope you can find some tickets and that your leg is healing well.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Another interesting take by Doyle:

The question is sinfully simple, and vice versa:

Do the Colts want to win this season?

Seriously. Do they?

On paper, which is the safest place to grade them for now, they’re not good and they’re not trying very hard to get better. They are playing contractual hardball with the best player on the team, running back Jonathan Taylor, who is being allowed to hold out, or whatever the Colts are calling it, by starting the preseason on the Physically Unable to Perform list. What’s his injury? The Colts won’t say, probably because the only thing hurting right now are Taylor’s feelings.

Taylor’s absence is just the tip of the iceberg of course. In nine years here, dating to 2014, I’ve not seen a Colts roster this devoid of elite talent and quality depth.

Look at the offensive line. It wasn’t good last season and the Colts are basically running it back with one change: Will Fries for Danny Pinter at right guard. The depth behind those starters is unspeakable, as in, I refuse to speak any of their names. Don’t want anyone else on the PUP list with hurt feelings.

Look at the cornerbacks. The Colts traded their best outside corner in 2022, Stephon Gilmore, for a fifth-round pick. They let their second-best cover corner, Brandon Facyson, leave in free agency. Their third-best outside corner, Isaiah Rodgers Sr., was suspended for the year for gambling, then released. The team drafted three cornerbacks in April, and ready or not, they’re all going to play. A couple could start, because NFL rules require 11 defensive players on the field.

Look at the receivers. The Colts had the least productive core of wideouts in the league last year, and while their quarterbacks weren’t good, don’t kid yourself: The receivers weren’t good either. The Colts addressed this by going bargain-hunting for receivers in free agency and drafting one, Josh Downs of UNC, in the third round.

Look at the backups at linebacker, and defensive end, at defensive tackle.

Unspeakable. No names, though. Hurt feelings, PUP list, etc.

The Colts are doing weird things, though. Making an example of Taylor, for one. Allowing their best outside cornerbacks (Gilmore, Facyson) and pass-rusher from last season, Yannick Ngakoue, to leave for next to nothing. Replacing them with rookie projects and veteran nobodies.

Neglecting the offensive line this offseason.

And then this:

After losing Rodgers to the NFL’s gambling policy, then releasing him because this franchise doesn’t fool around with bad characters, the Colts replaced him with … a worse character: a guy charged last year with felony battery resulting in bodily harm. His name, I’ll speak: Chris Lammons. Hurt your feelings, Chris? No? Keep reading.

This guy, this Chris Lammons, he was arrested in February 2022 in Las Vegas after helping former Saints teammate Alvin Kamara win a fight. And by “helped win a fight” I mean police accused Lammons and two other courageous souls of stomping on the poor guy after Kamara had already decked him.

Kamara and Lammons pleaded guilty to lesser charges in July, avoiding prison but forcing them to pay the victim $210,000 in medical costs. And this is the player the Colts signed to replaced Isaiah Rodgers?

Was his tag-team partner Kamara not available to replace Taylor?

Good news: Lammons won’t play in the first three games because the NFL suspended him last week. Bad news: He might play in the last 14, and this guy – in addition to whatever happened in Vegas – is lousy: 42 career games, one interception, three passes broken up.

So it a good time to be a Colts fan, as it said on the woman's sign in the front row? It is for now at Grand Park, where the only players scoring touchdowns are Colts and the only players making interceptions are Colts, and until another team shows up, we can all pretend things will be OK. And maybe they will, a year from now, when the Colts console themselves after a 3-14 season in 2023 by selecting Ohio State receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. with the second overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Another interesting take by Doyle:

The question is sinfully simple, and vice versa:

Do the Colts want to win this season?

Seriously. Do they?

On paper, which is the safest place to grade them for now, they’re not good and they’re not trying very hard to get better. They are playing contractual hardball with the best player on the team, running back Jonathan Taylor, who is being allowed to hold out, or whatever the Colts are calling it, by starting the preseason on the Physically Unable to Perform list. What’s his injury? The Colts won’t say, probably because the only thing hurting right now are Taylor’s feelings.

Taylor’s absence is just the tip of the iceberg of course. In nine years here, dating to 2014, I’ve not seen a Colts roster this devoid of elite talent and quality depth.

Look at the offensive line. It wasn’t good last season and the Colts are basically running it back with one change: Will Fries for Danny Pinter at right guard. The depth behind those starters is unspeakable, as in, I refuse to speak any of their names. Don’t want anyone else on the PUP list with hurt feelings.

Look at the cornerbacks. The Colts traded their best outside corner in 2022, Stephon Gilmore, for a fifth-round pick. They let their second-best cover corner, Brandon Facyson, leave in free agency. Their third-best outside corner, Isaiah Rodgers Sr., was suspended for the year for gambling, then released. The team drafted three cornerbacks in April, and ready or not, they’re all going to play. A couple could start, because NFL rules require 11 defensive players on the field.

Look at the receivers. The Colts had the least productive core of wideouts in the league last year, and while their quarterbacks weren’t good, don’t kid yourself: The receivers weren’t good either. The Colts addressed this by going bargain-hunting for receivers in free agency and drafting one, Josh Downs of UNC, in the third round.

Look at the backups at linebacker, and defensive end, at defensive tackle.

Unspeakable. No names, though. Hurt feelings, PUP list, etc.

The Colts are doing weird things, though. Making an example of Taylor, for one. Allowing their best outside cornerbacks (Gilmore, Facyson) and pass-rusher from last season, Yannick Ngakoue, to leave for next to nothing. Replacing them with rookie projects and veteran nobodies.

Neglecting the offensive line this offseason.

And then this:

After losing Rodgers to the NFL’s gambling policy, then releasing him because this franchise doesn’t fool around with bad characters, the Colts replaced him with … a worse character: a guy charged last year with felony battery resulting in bodily harm. His name, I’ll speak: Chris Lammons. Hurt your feelings, Chris? No? Keep reading.

This guy, this Chris Lammons, he was arrested in February 2022 in Las Vegas after helping former Saints teammate Alvin Kamara win a fight. And by “helped win a fight” I mean police accused Lammons and two other courageous souls of stomping on the poor guy after Kamara had already decked him.

Kamara and Lammons pleaded guilty to lesser charges in July, avoiding prison but forcing them to pay the victim $210,000 in medical costs. And this is the player the Colts signed to replaced Isaiah Rodgers?

Was his tag-team partner Kamara not available to replace Taylor?

Good news: Lammons won’t play in the first three games because the NFL suspended him last week. Bad news: He might play in the last 14, and this guy – in addition to whatever happened in Vegas – is lousy: 42 career games, one interception, three passes broken up.

So it a good time to be a Colts fan, as it said on the woman's sign in the front row? It is for now at Grand Park, where the only players scoring touchdowns are Colts and the only players making interceptions are Colts, and until another team shows up, we can all pretend things will be OK. And maybe they will, a year from now, when the Colts console themselves after a 3-14 season in 2023 by selecting Ohio State receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. with the second overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.
    Kind of a bad take by Doyel. The Colts are building young. It doesn't mean that they're "not serious" about winning in 2023 (whatever that means); rather, it means that they went all-in on a rebuild, are incredibly young and incredibly talented, but 2023 will be a building/growing year. The window of such a young team is anywhere from 3 to 10 wins, likely landing in the middle of that.

In my opinion and observation, teams that "build" to win "this year" do so by overpaying for veteran free agents, in a strategy that almost never works, and even when it does, leads to cap space disaster in subsequent years. I'll take the Colts approach of building through the draft - including (finally!) drafting a high-prospect QB instead of getting a veteran retread QB. I'm glad to see them off of that hamster wheel.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Kind of a bad take by Doyel. The Colts are building young. It doesn't mean that they're "not serious" about winning in 2023 (whatever that means); rather, it means that they went all-in on a rebuild, are incredibly young and incredibly talented, but 2023 will be a building/growing year. The window of such a young team is anywhere from 3 to 10 wins, likely landing in the middle of that.

In my opinion and observation, teams that "build" to win "this year" do so by overpaying for veteran free agents, in a strategy that almost never works, and even when it does, leads to cap space disaster in subsequent years. I'll take the Colts approach of building through the draft - including (finally!) drafting a high-prospect QB instead of getting a veteran retread QB. I'm glad to see them off of that hamster wheel.

I’ve said it before, but Doyel is just the liberal version of Dan Dakich. He’s the yin to Dan’s yang. They’re the same. Say the most inflammatory things just because. It’s so tiresome. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom