• Status
    Not open for further replies.

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    in this league, you need a gun slinger. Someone who can air out a ball like nobodies' business. Colts had a lot of good things last year. Wentz is not your guy. Indoor field, you need someone who is gonna max out the advantage of a controlled environment with every throw. Russell Wilson is the best "Available" candidate for that. Taylor running and wilson throwing would be a combo that harkens back to the Beastmode Russell tandem combo with that o-line. He'll produce like Drew Brees did in the saints indoor stadium.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    in this league, you need a gun slinger. Someone who can air out a ball like nobodies' business. Colts had a lot of good things last year. Wentz is not your guy. Indoor field, you need someone who is gonna max out the advantage of a controlled environment with every throw. Russell Wilson is the best "Available" candidate for that. Taylor running and wilson throwing would be a combo that harkens back to the Beastmode Russell tandem combo with that o-line. He'll produce like Drew Brees did in the saints indoor stadium.

Every resource currently available is saying Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are staying put.

So who’s your choice now?

The free agent class is awful.

None of the draft guys are impressive enough to sell the farm and move up.

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    Every resource currently available is saying Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are staying put.

So who’s your choice now?

The free agent class is awful.

None of the draft guys are impressive enough to sell the farm and move up.
    every gm and coach should have a price for wilson and rodgers (i like wilson's accuracy and ball skill more btw). just depends on the org that wants to find wins at all costs which includes a decision to get game winners. Seattle's trade of Jamal Adams kills me. Bc it was the worst bandaid solution to the problem. i think the colts could make it happen. i think if they had to go out of that...matt ryan becomes a potential option (but i don't like the fact that he's about to be retired, you want some future with whoever you take). I'd say its super tough after that. There's not many winning guys who have the accuracy/arm power that Wilson and Rodgers have who are in conflicted situations with their franchise.

F* it, get rex grossman. :)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Fun thought experiment, who is INGO picking?

RB’s in their prime:
    Jim Brown
    Walter Payton
    Bo Jackson
    LaDanian Tomlinson
    Eric Dickerson
    Barry Sanders
    Emmitt Smith
    Adrian Peterson

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW

RB’s in their prime:
    Jim Brown
    Walter Payton
    Bo Jackson
    LaDanian Tomlinson
    Eric Dickerson
    Barry Sanders
    Emmitt Smith
    Adrian Peterson

Who should they pick or who would the current coaching and management pick? LT would produce the numbers and wins. But I think Emmitt Smith or Jim brown represents the personality of the team and Colts community more. Grit and toughness.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

RB’s in their prime:
    Jim Brown
    Walter Payton
    Bo Jackson
    LaDanian Tomlinson
    Eric Dickerson
    Barry Sanders
    Emmitt Smith
    Adrian Peterson

I always thought that what Barry Sanders was able to accomplish on a team that had absolutely nothing else going for it was amazing. There are a few others on that list that were in similar situations, but if I have to pick one, he is it.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The Colts are royally screwed lol

We play the AFC West next season.

Mahomes
    Wilson
    Carr
    Herbert

Everybody buckle up for another 9-7/fringe wildcard season.

Man this sucks.
    GiQeQUZ.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I always thought that what Barry Sanders was able to accomplish on a team that had absolutely nothing else going for it was amazing. There are a few others on that list that were in similar situations, but if I have to pick one, he is it.
    Sanders was at least the most entertaining to watch, and I think that’s why the Lion’s were so happy to have him. The Lions are dead last in commitment to winning. Sanders helped sell tickets to see him amaze as they lose. He had the greatest impact on the team for sure.

Seeing how it ended for Sanders is why I was happy to see Stafford get to play for a team who has ownership and a front office that wants to win and not just sell tickets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom