• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    As a Vikings fan I posted back that if Colts showed up to win they would. Well they showed up the first half. Can’t believe my Vikings pulled it off. Officials made bad calls on both sides. But felt the Vikings got some really bad ones. Regardless Colts in the history book as biggest ever lead and losing game. Man, where and what do the Colts do now. At least they have won a Super Bowl. Vikings sure haven’t.

Does Chicago need another perennially bad baseball team? :bacondance:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree with Bowen here. Keep Bubba. Fire everyone else.

A win on Saturday by the Colts would have sent them from the 7th draft position to the 14th draft position (7 teams are currently at 5-8 right now). With the loss though, they can only rise in the draft order,

Edit: Posted before I saw CP’s post.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As a Vikings fan I posted back that if Colts showed up to win they would. Well they showed up the first half. Can’t believe my Vikings pulled it off. Officials made bad calls on both sides. But felt the Vikings got some really bad ones. Regardless Colts in the history book as biggest ever lead and losing game. Man, where and what do the Colts do now. At least they have won a Super Bowl. Vikings sure haven’t.
    The Colts have been victims of really bad officiating the whole season. They all were easy calls, opposing players removing helmets on the field, face mask, etc. heck the Vikings player had to take his helmet off twice before they called one today.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are fundamental mistakes being made that are taught in high school. With a little over 3 minutes to play the running back goes out of bounds instead of down stopping the clock, saving the Vikes a TO or saving them 40 seconds. That play could have changed the whole picture…

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There are fundamental mistakes being made that are taught in high school. With a little over 3 minutes to play the running back goes out of bounds instead of down stopping the clock, saving the Vikes a TO or saving them 40 seconds. That play could have changed the whole picture…
    Same goes for Vikes. Colts fumbled, Vikes recover and run it for touchdown. Officials blew the whistle and brought it back. Another time punt return for big yardage by Vikes called back by a face mask that never happened or even close. Both of those hurt Vikes from putting up rightful points. Officials did lousy job otherwise Vikes would have most likely won without an over time. But was bad calls on both sides imho.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    And retired early because he was tired of getting the crap beat out of him. Saw an interview with him recently on WTHR where he said he was tired of being in pain.

Yes and no.

Luck’s style of play definitely contributed to his injuries. He played balls out 1,000% of the time. He was a quarterback but played football like a linebacker. It’s amazing to watch but also exposes you to a lot of hits. I worry about Josh Allen in that regard. Scrambling all the time and jumping over guys. Manning and Brady had long careers because they knew when to give up. “Give up” does not exist in Luck’s brain (I know, I know, he quit football. You know what I mean).

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Jeff Saturday seems like a good guy, but dude is in way over his head. Irsay must be on the pills again to put someone with zero experience in a head coaching position.

Irsay’s a dreamer stuck in the past. He wants to return to the “glory days”. He’s a hopeless romantic. He wants Saturday to work so badly because it would be an amazing story.

I don’t think there’s anything nefarious to his actions. Delusional for sure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jeff Saturday seems like a good guy, but dude is in way over his head. Irsay must be on the pills again to put someone with zero experience in a head coaching position.
    I think the Colts played a pretty good game overall in the first half. Defense and special teams, especially. They took what Vikings gave them, which was a lot in the first half because Cousins played like ****. The Colts offense had it's moments but failed in the red zone too many times. But the lack of Colts offensive performance isn't new with Saturday. They've sucked all year. So I'm not blaming him for the Colts blowing a big lead. And I don't think the Colts offensive performance in the 2nd half was all that much worse than the first. It's just that the Vikings didn't go 3 and out on almost every possession, or give points away on turnovers in the 2nd half.

If Cousins didn't start playing better in the 2nd half, Colts would have won. His a lot of his throws in the 2nd half were just on the money.

I don't think the offense is **** because of coaching. You can't coach a 37 year old veteran QB hasbeen into suddenly playing brilliant. He either has it in him or not. The offense is **** because of bad offensive line play, and that's pretty much been the case all year. Also **** because. Ryan is just done. He just doesn't know it yet. Maybe he does. And that hurts to say because I had high hopes. I just don't think it's Saturday that's the problem here. It's the Colts organization. Starting with Irsay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom