• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There were a couple of crazy plays in that game. My favorite was the double turnover where if the receiver caught it, it was a fumble recovered by the defense, or if it was not caught by the receiver, it never hit the ground so it would be an interception… Crazy…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There were a couple of crazy plays in that game. My favorite was the double turnover where if the receiver caught it, it was a fumble recovered by the defense, or if it was not caught by the receiver, it never hit the ground so it would be an interception… Crazy…
    Yeah, that one had me confused too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What was confusing? No matter what the officials ruled it was a turnover, as it never hit the ground. So if ruled a catch then it was fumbled, if ruled not caught, since the pass never hit the ground it was an interception.
    Oh I know, but I thought the guy had control of the ball, so I just didn't see how it would be an interception. That's what was confusing me. I just thought (from my viewpoint anyhow) that it was clearly caught and fumbled.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh I know, but I thought the guy had control of the ball, so I just didn't see how it would be an interception. That's what was confusing me. I just thought (from my viewpoint anyhow) that it was clearly caught and fumbled.
    I believe that too and that is what was ruled on the field. To me the crazy part is if they did go the other way the Steelers still had a turnover. Just an unusual set of circumstances that the offense could not challenge the call because no matter the ruling they still lose the ball. Never seen the catch 22 like that before. I may just be too enamored with the circumstances. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom