• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Sad, but not really surprising. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say, "man I really want that new Colt." The only Colt handguns anyone buys were made pre 1975.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I know that some will disagree with me for saying this and that's okay, but if it is true? It is still a shame to see and old firearm manufacturer like Colt maybe going under. Especially in today's anti-gun society. Just my:twocents:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hasn't this happened before to them?

Correct, 1992. The bonds are coming due soon (most in 2017, and they are junk status), it is drowning in debt, heavy lawsuits pending, and Uncle Sugar's teat is drying up with Iraq and Afghanistan winding down.

My hope is to buy them at auction for $1 and move everything to Lafayette with big fat tax breaks and no unions, after I have taken a flamethrower and chop saw to the factory and handed out pink slips to everyone and make them interview to keep their jobs (I would fire the Iraqi again, bring him back and fire him the same day just to yell at him in the office for a solid hour, mostly for giving money to Schumer).

We drop the nonsense of giving up market share (what a brilliant move that was), we rebuild Colt distributing that the former .mil boys (mostly Keys who was busy slapping backs with his boys in C and B ring of the Pentagon) at Colt Dee-fence allowed to wither and die, we stop the horses**t of sucking up to Big Brother with that moronic smart gun, build solid guns again, stick to the basics and we bring back a .22 or three.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Is it Colt Firearms that's in trouble or Colt Industries as a whole?

Years ago folks lost shame in going bankrupt. Society changed, industries IMHO now see it as a great way to save $.
    So..............the bankruptcy legit or just an automotive company tactic?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Colt should move to Indiana, create jobs here. And built solid products again, including a new Python.

And stop thinking the product is 'automatically worth more' because it has 'Colt' stamped on it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Is it Colt Firearms that's in trouble or Colt Industries as a whole?

Years ago folks lost shame in going bankrupt. Society changed, industries IMHO now see it as a great way to save $.
    So..............the bankruptcy legit or just an automotive company tactic?
    My thought as well.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Colt should move to Indiana, create jobs here. And built solid products again, including a new Python.

And stop thinking the product is 'automatically worth more' because it has 'Colt' stamped on it.
    Amen brother. Indiana would be a great fit for Colt. We've got plenty of room up here in NWI by the water - just sayin

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    they could do like smith &wesson did. and have them assembled in japan.

How would having Howa build Colt guns save money? Not tracking here.

Colt has done this, remember when they partnered with Sauer?

Colt needs to lower overhead, that means leaving the Northeast and union shops.

Top Bottom