• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The demand for Colts hasn't been met by supply in quite some time. They need to stock their existing models before releasing new models.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The demand for Colts hasn't been met by supply in quite some time. They need to stock their existing models before releasing new models.
    Then people will complain that Colt's just selling the same old stuff they've sold for years lol. Actually before the panic/pandemic nonsense Colt was putting out quite a few 1911's, Buds used to have a lot of them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Then people will complain that Colt's just selling the same old stuff they've sold for years lol.
    Yeah, I know. I have yet to see a new Python in a LGS. I haven't seen a GCNM or GCT in 4 or 5 years. I think a lot of those people weren't Colt buyers anyway.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Do you think CZ had something to do with this. If CZ is involved maybe these new offerings will stay in time.....:):

Mine was born in 95 and after several thousand rounds absolutely no issues. Of course now that I've made that statement we all know what will happen, don't we!
    It'll be all your fault! :p

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I
    Mine's still workin fine ‍
    have owned maybe 3 Anacondas and every one of them needed timing work. 1 was screwed when I got (knew of the issue) and it went directly to my guy. The other 2 were bought new, 1 was a real tree and the other a stainless. Both went in to be timed the Real Tree went to Colt. A couple years later it did it again and my guy fixed it and I sold it and the others.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    All said and done the critical question will be whether or not CZ can straighten up that jackass union that has put out pathetically poor products and repetitively put Colt into bankruptcy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am leaning more towards management.
    That too. I guess I am still jaded by the remarkably poor workmanship and shameless demands. Things like revolvers with chambers 1,3,and5 being aligned with each other and 2, 4, and 6 being aligned but the two sets of three not being aligned with each other.

The management angle also is important. Coming to the realization that guns in boxes sell more profitably than memories, muses, and recollections of decades past is huge.

Top Bottom