• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Just so I'm clear, the Colorado Supremes only ruled that Trump cannot appear on their primary ballot, right?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just so I'm clear, the Colorado Supremes only ruled that Trump cannot appear on their primary ballot, right?
    No. It includes general election. So if it stands, Trump cannot be on the ballot for the general election.

But, it sounds like he’ll be on the ballot for the primary anyway. The ruling included a provision for Trump to appeal to the supreme court. Also, the ruling includes a stay during the appeal. So likely that won’t be concluded until after the primary election anyway.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    You're going to have a rough time as things continue to unfold, then.

I guess you're the type that welcomes in a home intruder and makes them a sandwich. This situation is more dire than someone breaking into your house, this is someone attempting to take over the country.

I don't know how it can be spelled out in a more obvious way than someone literally removing the opposition candidate from the vote. A candidate largely believed to have the polling to win the election.

Tell me, when you can no longer vote your way out of a situation, what option is left?
    Write a strongly worded email?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interesting article.

Most removed from office right after the Civil War. One guy in 1919 who was actually convicted of espionage, but later got it overturned and served in Congress. And one guy convicted of trespass (yes...trespass) in 2022.

None of them Presidents, of course.
    Bear in mind this is written by the petitioners... So take with a grain of salt.

What I found interesting was all of their examples were concrete examples. Folks "working for" the confederacy. None of them were based on speech or opinions.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Bear in mind this is written by the petitioners... So take with a grain of salt.

What I found interesting was all of their examples were concrete examples. Folks "working for" the confederacy. None of them were based on speech or opinions.
    The 14th amendment says people who took an oath to “support the constitution” every federal officer swears to “support and defend” the constitution

Except for one; POTUS swears to “preserve, protect and defend” there’s meaning to words, and a difference between them, 14A expressly doesn’t apply to President.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you think that threats of violence towards judges who rule against your beliefs are OK, you are clearly beyond reasoned discussion. These judges did not break into my home, and, for the record, if they (or you) did try it, what you would be getting from me would not be a sandwich. What a patently ridiculous, Neanderthal thing to say.

So it's patently ridiculous to point out that we're eliminating voting in this country, and declaring a dictatorship?

I ask you, what other purpose does this serve than effectively terminating the election?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    X1ygMf5.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With the authority to interpret and enforce law. Ain't supposed to work like that. Just another example of how broken the system is.
    At least they have superiors. Hopefully SCOTUS will bitch-slap them. Personally, I think they should be impeached. They denied due process. They usurped power they don't have. If this stands, every red state should do the same to Democrats. Find something plausible to accuse them of and just remove them from the ballot. Let's not stop at POTUS. Representatives. Senators. Show them the world they propose is unlivable by forcing them to live in it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So it's patently ridiculous to point out that we're eliminating voting in this country, and declaring a dictatorship?

I ask you, what other purpose does this serve than effectively terminating the election?
    Why do you guys keep Kathy Newman-ing people. The subject is specifically, threatening violence against those CO justices. Being against that is not making any specific statement about the highlighted. It's not time to grab your musket and head to the town square. Just hold on. We'll tell you if it's time. Just keep your powder dry.

If SCOTUS upholds this ruling, I'd say it's a completely dysfunctional system. But as long as there are legal remedies left, such as SCOTUS doing the right thing, just calm down.

Trump will likely be on the primary ballot anyway, while this goes through the SCOTUS appeal process.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd like to hear a complete explanation by TDS'ers who support this ruling. Do you support it because you like the outcome? Is that it? **** rule of law? **** due process? Do you think a state supreme court has the authority to judge that such a crime has been committed without any charges, or trial?

C'mon. Justify yourself. Come out of the woodwork. Make your case. Anyone? @LeftyGunner? Anything? :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'd like to hear a complete explanation by TDS'ers who support this ruling. Do you support it because you like the outcome? Is that it? **** rule of law? **** due process? Do you think a state supreme court has the authority to judge that such a crime has been committed without any charges, or trial?

C'mon. Justify yourself. Come out of the woodwork. Make your case. Anyone? @LeftyGunner? Anything? :dunno:
    I think LG made it pretty clear that he wants Trump to be disqualified. Not for the riots mind you but for the fake elector scheme. I guess in his mind that's: "insurrection."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think LG made it pretty clear that he wants Trump to be disqualified. Not for the riots mind you but for the fake elector scheme. I guess in his mind that's: "insurrection."
    It is still without due process. No trial. No guilt adjudicated by peers. We don't convict people of stuff just because in our opinion it's self evident. I think it wouldn't be too cathy-newman of me to say, "so you hate rule of law."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We'll tell you if it's time. Just keep your powder dry.
    If the collective "we" knows when it's time, the collective "we" should be able to tell us ahead of time when it will be time. At least give us some idea.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It is still without due process. No trial. No guilt adjudicated by peers. We don't convict people of stuff just because in our opinion it's self evident. I think it wouldn't be too cathy-newman of me to say, "so you hate rule of law."
    Well, I guess to be fair he may not be for the way this went down and would rather Trump be convicted in a court of law. He can answer for himself, but I know for certain that he wants Trump to be disqualified.

Top Bottom