• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I believe ending qualified immunity for all government employees would be a good thing. Better the government employees fear the people than the people fear for their rights especially in the face of EPA, USDA, etc., etc., etc. Police officers could purchase professional liability insurance the same way doctors and lawyers do
    I heard that Derek Chauvin had 18 complaints against him for excessive use of force. I have no idea if that is true or not, but I can tell you that if it is true, he would probably not have been able to buy professional liability insurance at any price and would have moved to a different line of work. Maybe you think that would have been a bad thing, but 700 burned buildings in Minneapolis might still be standing.
    I understand that police work is very hard and dangerous and I would not be capable of doing it. But maybe we would be better off without the QI doctrine.
    Please take a look at the cases described here: https://www.cato.org/blog/supreme-c...qualified-immunity-cases-new-ally-joins-fight and tell me what you think.

From what I've read, it is untrue. I believe 14 resulted in no discipline and were for 'customers' not liking the way he talked to them. 2 of the other 4 resulted in letters to his file but were not for EUF and the remaining 2 were not specified but resulted in no action

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What criteria would make the difference? I feel the same way, but I tam haunted by the Janis quote. Many individuals I know won't act because it could endanger something important to them. Individuals is the key word. There is safety in numbers, faces in a crowd so to speak. That fuels the lefts riots. Would it fuel a response from the right if they believed it could be so? I am single income with a wife that has an autoimmune disorder and I don't know what would happen if I lost income AND health insurance.

IMO we're way past time for the soapbox, and we're too far outgunned by legacy media and social media, standing up won't make much of a difference. I'm putting my faith in The Lord and the ballot box and working to get out the vote for good (or at least acceptable) conservative candidates. We shant talk about what comes after the ballot box

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    IMO we're way past time for the soapbox, and we're too far outgunned by legacy media and social media, standing up won't make much of a difference. I'm putting my faith in The Lord and the ballot box and working to get out the vote for good (or at least acceptable) conservative candidates. We shant talk about what comes after the ballot box

I'm not all that fond of putting faith in things, but I'll say I'm hopeful that people will not vote to strengthen the left. I kinda suspect that they will though. It is what it is. The left pretty much has all the institutional power. Education. Press. Social media. They're gaining the boardrooms. Uber city governments. The social media one is absolutely huge. Free speech has kept us free because people can rebut bad ideas. But they've even closed that down. If you rebut their bad ideas you're a horrible person who needs canceled from society. I really don't know how our mostly free society is going to survive this. Maybe it is what shan't be talked about. Or maybe there's something else. I don't know.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    People are starting to take those down.

Why do you think that is happening?

1. They no longer support the police. (< less likely)
    OR
    2. They are being silenced by the mob and don't want to be targets of political violence. (< more likely)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not all that fond of putting faith in things, but I'll say I'm hopeful that people will not vote to strengthen the left. I kinda suspect that they will though. It is what it is. The left pretty much has all the institutional power. Education. Press. Social media. They're gaining the boardrooms. Uber city governments. The social media one is absolutely huge. Free speech has kept us free because people can rebut bad ideas. But they've even closed that down. If you rebut their bad ideas you're a horrible person who needs canceled from society. I really don't know how our mostly free society is going to survive this. Maybe it is what shan't be talked about. Or maybe there's something else. I don't know.

I seem to recall feeling like a voice in the wilderness believing Trump could win in '16, but I was right. I've got a 1972 feeling on this next one, and the more the MSM tries to convince their side it's in the bag, the better I like it. I am worried about voter fraud, though. I assume you've read/heard about the MI cluster**** with mail voting. The reason I think they're all in for it is they think they'll need it

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

OR
    2. They are being silenced by the mob and don't want to be targets of political violence. (< more likely)

Or, not everyone is taking them down for the same reasons. I know some people who I thought would never go bat **** crazy and yet they have. It's like a cult leader indoctrinating the masses. But #2 is probably the most prevalent. Someone posted poll results which showed a very large majority of people did not want to defund/abolish the police.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    2. But that means the silent majority is becoming more silent.

OR

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I seem to recall feeling like a voice in the wilderness believing Trump could win in '16, but I was right. I've got a 1972 feeling on this next one, and the more the MSM tries to convince their side it's in the bag, the better I like it. I am worried about voter fraud, though. I assume you've read/heard about the MI cluster**** with mail voting. The reason I think they're all in for it is they think they'll need it

Yeah, but I kinda think that feeling was blind faith. Sorry to put it that bluntly. But you didn't predict why he won. I'm sure you thought that there were just that many people who think like you do. And I don't really see any evidence that this was the case. The pissed off Bernie supporters in key battleground states not bothering to cast their protest vote, other people not holding their noses and writing in "Al Bundy" (you're welcome, btw), and we might be complaining about another 4 years of Hillary.

I don't think you can expect many Bernie bro's voting for Trump this time around as their protest vote.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, but I kinda think that feeling was blind faith. Sorry to put it that bluntly. But you didn't predict why he won. I'm sure you thought that there were just that many people who think like you do. And I don't really see any evidence that this was the case. The pissed off Bernie supporters in key battleground states not bothering to cast their protest vote, other people not holding their noses and writing in "Al Bundy" (you're welcome, btw), and we might be complaining about another 4 years of Hillary.

I don't think you can expect many Bernie bro's voting for Trump this time around as their protest vote.

So , you're not planning on learning anything from history then? There are many parallels between '72 and today. The first time as tragedy, the second time as farce

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It could mean many things. Public support would be nice. There are almost an infinite number of ways to do that. Just like elections, if you sit at home and do nothing, you get what you get and you cannot complain about it.

Are you asking for people to virtue signal with blue lights or something? That just seems shallow and low effort to me, which is why I asked you specifically.

I vote every election, and I most certainly don't vote for idiots who try to defund the police.
    I defend police actions when clearly in the right, such as with 99.9% of all body camera footage shows.

Just seems like there should be more cooperation between the community and police when tackling matters as big as these riots, because we clearly do not have the manpower on the streets to cope with it. And I'm 100% sure, if people knew for a fact they would not be arrested for attempting to assist police and were given the department's blessing to assist, you'd have all the people you'd ever want, anywhere you wanted.

But that is on the department to make rules for handling, not on us.

Absolutely agree. Lower use of SWAT. Get rid of the para-military uniforms. You are citizens with special powers. Not soldiers.

How about they just apply such things were is actually warranted rather than towards a salon that is defying a lockdown order?
    These riots are a fine example of a time and place for such equipment. As would be the case if raiding a meth lab or a hostage situation.

There is absolutely a time and place for such equipment. Pretty easy to know when it's the right time. Will people absolutely die if you don't use such equipment to end the situation? If yes, then obviously it's necessary.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So , you're not planning on learning anything from history then? There are many parallels between '72 and today. The first time as tragedy, the second time as farce

History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes. It's possible that the dynamics are similar. As I've said, I hope you're right. Anyway, I'm not going to rely on 1972 to predict what will happen today. For one thing, the people who hate Trump but also think the left has gone crazy, aren't looking towards Trump to restore sanity. He's pretty divisive. But he's what you guys wanted.

I may be wrong about all this. I wish I could see some evidence that people have had enough of this ****. But think about how many Alpo's are out there. I think some extraordinary events would have to happen before he'd pull that lever in November.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Are you asking for people to virtue signal with blue lights or something? That just seems shallow and low effort to me, which is why I asked you specifically.

I vote every election, and I most certainly don't vote for idiots who try to defund the police.
    I defend police actions when clearly in the right, such as with 99.9% of all body camera footage shows.

Just seems like there should be more cooperation between the community and police when tackling matters as big as these riots, because we clearly do not have the manpower on the streets to cope with it. And I'm 100% sure, if people knew for a fact they would not be arrested for attempting to assist police and were given the department's blessing to assist, you'd have all the people you'd ever want, anywhere you wanted.

But that is on the department to make rules for handling, not on us.

How about they just apply such things were is actually warranted rather than towards a salon that is defying a lockdown order?
    These riots are a fine example of a time and place for such equipment. As would be the case if raiding a meth lab or a hostage situation.

There is absolutely a time and place for such equipment. Pretty easy to know when it's the right time. Will people absolutely die if you don't use such equipment to end the situation? If yes, then obviously it's necessary.

Depending on what sources are used, SWAT has increased activity in the service of warrants. Now, that may be entirely justified with a violent felon. But the absolute amount of increase seems....I dunno....overkill?

And that's not counting all the Federal police forces under the auspices of the various departments and IG's. There are a whole bunch of folks dressing up special for arrests.

Remember

[video=youtube_share;gc0TVQfRuYM]http://youtu.be/gc0TVQfRuYM[/video]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Depending on what sources are used, SWAT has increased activity in the service of warrants. Now, that may be entirely justified with a violent felon. But the absolute amount of increase seems....I dunno....overkill?

And that's not counting all the Federal police forces under the auspices of the various departments and IG's. There are a whole bunch of folks dressing up special for arrests.

Remember

Yes, you're right, too often they seem scared of their own shadow and insist on going in with 10x the necessary firepower when serving simple warrants for pedantic things. *Coughs* WACO *Coughs*

But there is absolutely a time and place for it, as I already said. Gang activity, high risk hostage situations, riots, active shootings, meth labs, etc.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Remember

More warrants are being handled by IMPD SWAT than before as they have a pretty damned solid track record of not jacking things up, hurting people unnecessarily or making mistakes. The majority of the warrants they serve are what is called a "contain and call-out". The team goes out, parks in front of the residence (and surrounds) and calls the suspect(s) out with the PA. They aren't serving no-knock warrants very often.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    More warrants are being handled by IMPD SWAT than before as they have a pretty damned solid track record of not jacking things up, hurting people unnecessarily or making mistakes. The majority of the warrants they serve are what is called a "contain and call-out". The team goes out, parks in front of the residence (and surrounds) and calls the suspect(s) out with the PA. They aren't serving no-knock warrants very often.

Understand. And yes, it's better to have highly trained folks serving many of the warrants.

But, somehow, the optics don't favor the officers right now in minority communities, whether that's Fresno or Flint. I hope it's under discussion by departments who are in much better position to assess the situation and come up with solutions.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Understand. And yes, it's better to have highly trained folks serving many of the warrants.

But, somehow, the optics don't favor the officers right now in minority communities, whether that's Fresno or Flint. I hope it's under discussion by departments who are in much better position to assess the situation and come up with solutions.

The optics will look bad as long as they commit crime and are held to the same standard the rest of society is.

You aren't changing the optics until you abandon policing those neighborhoods entirely. Then in a matter of days they'll be begging for the police to come back.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The optics will look bad as long as they commit crime and are held to the same standard the rest of society is.

You aren't changing the optics until you abandon policing those neighborhoods entirely. Then in a matter of days they'll be begging for the police to come back.

They will be talking out of both sides of their mouth regardless.
    "You abandoned us, you don't care."
    "You are here arresting people, you racists."

Same with:
    "White flight is causing a degradation of the community."
    "Whites moving in is causing gentrification."

**** off already.

Top Bottom