• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At IUPUI, it is not illegal to carry, but it is against the school's policies. If you are caught, you will be expelled. It's a choice you have to make. Personally, when I attended school there, I carried; typically appendix or in an ankle holster. We got enough "emergency" e-mails about people getting robbed at gunpoint walking around campus to not be able to defend myself. Not to mention cowering in a corner of a classroom with multiple doors if the next Cho is walking around shooting people is NOT my idea of a good strategy. Thankfully, I no longer spend that much of my time in a place that places such little weight on self-responsibility.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    At IUPUI, it is not illegal to carry, but it is against the school's policies. If you are caught, you will be expelled. It's a choice you have to make. Personally, when I attended school there, I carried; typically appendix or in an ankle holster. We got enough "emergency" e-mails about people getting robbed at gunpoint walking around campus to not be able to defend myself. Not to mention cowering in a corner of a classroom with multiple doors if the next Cho is walking around shooting people is NOT my idea of a good strategy. Thankfully, I no longer spend that much of my time in a place that places such little weight on self-responsibility.
    Aren't you a member of SCC?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Why this hasn't became a real issue in Indiana yet is bewildering to me. This should be addressed in he near future and we as gun owners should do something about it. The fact that I am forcibly disarmed and barred from my right to self preservation simply because I'm on a college campus is ludicrous.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Why this hasn't became a real issue in Indiana yet is bewildering to me. This should be addressed in he near future and we as gun owners should do something about it. The fact that I am forcibly disarmed and barred from my right to self preservation simply because I'm on a college campus is ludicrous.

Actually, nobody is forcing you to disarm on a college campus. It is just a policy. I have carried on a college campus, as a visitor. As the saying goes, concealed means concealed.

Slither3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    West Lafayette
    If you are a student, you have to follow different rules than if you aren't. I go to Purdue and don't carry on campus because the cops will show up right away since some kid got shot last semester. The police are paranoid in West Lafayette.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Actually, nobody is forcing you to disarm on a college campus. It is just a policy. I have carried on a college campus, as a visitor. As the saying goes, concealed means concealed.
    The administrators force you to by threat of expulsion if caught. You carried as a visitor, and I've carried, as a visitor, but I won't as a student​ with thousands of dollars already invested in my future. Thus, I am being forced to disarm and it should be illegal for colleges to do so.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If you are a student, you have to follow different rules than if you aren't. I go to Purdue and don't carry on campus because the cops will show up right away since some kid got shot last semester. The police are paranoid in West Lafayette.
    I encourage you to look into SCC as well. The more support we have, the greater the chance that campus carry will pass.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Who has " forcibly disarmed" you?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Who has " forcibly disarmed" you?
    The administrators via threat of expulsion. Please read my post in its entirety and commit again. If a future and thousands of dollars seem to not have a value to you, then I'm afraid you won't understand my point. I cannot afford to be expelled and it should be illegal for a publicly funded college to ban the right to carry when it is apart of the State Constitution.

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The administrators via threat of expulsion. Please read my post in its entirety and commit again. If a future and thousands of dollars seem to not have a value to you, then I'm afraid you won't understand my point. I cannot afford to be expelled and it should be illegal for a publicly funded college to ban the right to carry when it is apart of the State Constitution.

:+1: if I had any rep to give.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I hope you never have to re-evaluate that statement.
    I sincerely hope I don't either. I must ask, have you attended college in recent years (I have no idea who you are so no way of knowing)? Because if you have, you'll know the enormous pressures we feel as students. If you mean do I value school over my life, unfortunately I do. you should have seen the enormous risks I took driving this winter.
    :+1: if I had any rep to give.
    Just come back to this thread when you do :) However, I thought you only needed 50 posts to unlock all that stuff (classifieds, reps, etc.)?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I sincerely hope I don't either. I must ask, have you attended college in recent years (I have no idea who you are so no way of knowing)? Because if you have, you'll know the enormous pressures we feel as students. If you mean do I value school over my life, unfortunately I do. you should have seen the enormous risks I took driving this winter.

Are you suggesting that current students experience more "enormous pressures" than students in the past?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Are you suggesting that current students experience more "enormous pressures" than students in the past?
    Not exactly but to a point. From what I've been told and given the current job market, more and more employers want employees with a degree. I am suggesting there is an enormous amount of pressure when it comes to taking the risk of carrying on campus. My point is this pressure and risk shouldn't exist in indiana, not with the right to carry being clearly defined in the State Constitution. Here's what college age carriers have to ask themselves: carry and risk being expelled (forfeiting thousands of dollars and potentially their future) but having the security a firearm can provide or not carry and not risk being expelled but risk becoming a victim due to mass-kill zones.
    Yes, I believe this is a serious consideration for all college age carriers and not something that can be taken lightly.

Top Bottom