• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I find myself wondering why people continue to patronize 'entertainment' and sports, when those two industries produce an exceptional percentage of dim-witted millionaires, who would have to get a real job but for the generosity of we plebians... :bs:

We've moved beyond Mao(or Meow). Religion as the opiate of the masses has been replaced by sports

"Well damn, Hillary Clinton and the MSM are colluding to install a Kleptocracy in the US ... but hey, did you see that Tampa Bay game last night?"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unstoppable. Look at Oklahoma in the 80s, and probably the best example Nebraska 95-96. They could beat you the best criminal athlete of All-Time, rb Lawrence Phillips (his back-up up was damn Ahman Green!!!), the Golden Boy qb Tommy Frazier, the steamroller FB Joel Makovicaka, or TE Sheldon Jackson. But this was when football was still football, and you could bash a guy in the teeth, and everyone would cheer, rather that go "OMG, it's too violent, let's protect out players," compounded infinitely when talking about the crybabies in the NFL.

You're living in the past man. It *was* unstoppable; and then it was stoppable. Look at what some top Alabama defenses do to option offenses. The game has changed, even beyond the crybabies. It's gotten way faster. LT and the Giants changed the defensive game. The SF dynasties of the late 80s/early 90s changed the offensive game. Dennis Green and Tony Dungy changed the game some more with the fast defense and explosive offenses of Vikings in the later 90s. The game evolves. Offenses and defenses dream up new strategies, and defenses and offenses change to meet those challenges. That changes the game. And unfortunately crybabies change the game too. Kaepernick is a crybaby. He's young still. There's time to mature and fix what's wrong in his game. He's got a good arm. He's a pretty smart guy. He needs to fix his attitude, learn a better work ethic, and develop his pocket game.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This thread got into a wonkish discussion. I'm protesting it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Seems a waste to put your franchise QB on the bench. If they play him, and he sucks, it's kinda hard to question cutting him.

And if they did cut him, it's not like he couldn't find a starting job. I can't imagine that a team like Denver wouldn't pick up him up if SF cut him. I'm not convinced Siemian is the guy who can lead the Broncos to the playoffs. Kaeppernick possibly could be if he could develop his pocket skills more.

They might continue to start him, but if he sucks he will be on the bench, and eventually traded. Or traded now while he's still worth something. The point is, he can't be cut without SF losing big in the media. And that is why this is a smart move by Kaepernick. Now matter what happens in what was already an uncertain future, he won't lose his big contract.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Let's face it, modern football (or most professional sports) is entertainment based. I refuse to tolerate my entertainment venues allowing one their employees to disrespect my values without sanctioning their employee. No sanction = no money from me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Let's face it, modern football (or most professional sports) is entertainment based. I refuse to tolerate my entertainment venues allowing one their employees to disrespect my values without sanctioning their employee. No sanction = no money from me.

At least wrestling admits it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    At least wrestling admits it.
    I used to give wrestling alot of crap for being fake, but now I realize that's kind of the majesty behind it.

It's a blend of athleticism and acting. There's a good bit of choreography that goes into it all, but many of the moves and much of the dialog are ad-libbed on the spot by the performers.

There's a lot more talent necessary to it than in many pro-sports.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    [STRIKE]He is exercising his[/STRIKE] INGOers are exercising their Right to speech in a manner that suits [STRIKE]him[/STRIKE] them. In typical [STRIKE]INGO[/STRIKE] mrjarrell fashion [STRIKE]the people have[/STRIKE] he has come out of the woodwork to speak out against [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] this Right.

FTFY

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I think comparing this to some sort of trade strategy is a bit of a leap. All he's done is exercise his paid in blood first amendment right by acting like an *******. He jumped on the BLM bandwagon to get attention. He didn't do it by actual change. didn't go out and serve a community. he used his self entitlement to claim membership. To those who wanna say that its our fault and that were taught to hate what he did because of some sort of conditioning I say **** off. Try explaining your logic at a va hospital, vfw, union hall, masonic lodge, or anywhere else where people who have bled and worked to build this country gather. of course I'm proud of this flag I have literally fought under it twice. His right to do what he wants. It is just as much my right to call him an self-entitled pretending piece of ****.

*mic drop

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Millionaire black guy adopted by white parents complains about minority oppression. :facepalm:

34eyfxv.jpg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    So don't put your best players (if he still is one) on the field because an ideological issue? Lol, you do know we're talking about the NFL, right?

Kaepernick is no longer one of their best players. His only relevance to the 49s is the load he places on their salary cap. They were looking to get rid of him, with no success, before he put on this display.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    This thread has run it's course, but I want to post anyhow.

On a very slightly similar vein, my wife, in her middle-school math classroom has the following sign "You do not have to say the Pledge of Allegiance, but you will stand and be respectful when it is said" (Their school still does it every morning during their advisory period, I believe.

Last night she asked me, as she has seen a lot of attention the Kaepernick situation has garnered, what would she be able to do/say when a student doesn't stand up?

Since she's in a public school, I believe that she has just about zero recourse. It's not during actual class time where some kind of "insubordination" could be leveled at the kid, and, at the heart of the matter, it really and truly is a 1st Amendment issue - even if a kid not standing for the Pledge is just doing it because they're an angsty-edgy-pseudointellectual 8th grader who doesn't know the real world from his (or her) butt hole.

Pertaining to this thread: I firmly believe that Kaepernick has every right to not stand for the National Anthem as he does or doesn't see fit. I also believe that his reasoning is flawed, ignorant, and certainly naive.

Signed,

-A Guy Who Doesn't Pledge Allegiance to a Flag

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This thread has run it's course, but I want to post anyhow.

On a very slightly similar vein, my wife, in her middle-school math classroom has the following sign "You do not have to say the Pledge of Allegiance, but you will stand and be respectful when it is said" (Their school still does it every morning during their advisory period, I believe.

Last night she asked me, as she has seen a lot of attention the Kaepernick situation has garnered, what would she be able to do/say when a student doesn't stand up?

Since she's in a public school, I believe that she has just about zero recourse. It's not during actual class time where some kind of "insubordination" could be leveled at the kid, and, at the heart of the matter, it really and truly is a 1st Amendment issue - even if a kid not standing for the Pledge is just doing it because they're an angsty-edgy-pseudointellectual 8th grader who doesn't know the real world from his (or her) butt hole.

Pertaining to this thread: I firmly believe that Kaepernick has every right to not stand for the National Anthem as he does or doesn't see fit. I also believe that his reasoning is flawed, ignorant, and certainly naive.

Signed,

-A Guy Who Doesn't Pledge Allegiance to a Flag

why do you hate America?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22