• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    SOLD! Full scale 12 pounder Cohorn mortar with everything you need to make it go boom. The barrel was made by Dixie and finished by myself. This one has a 2-1/4" bore with a 1/2" thick seamless steel liner. Markings on the muzzle are "No 40 1863 A.M. Co. G.T.B. 162", and "<-SHERMAN->" is stamped on top of the middle band. You get an ammunition crate, worm, sponge, loading cup, canvas bucket, barrel plug, new gum blanket to cover it, vent pick, thumb-stall, and cannonball mold. It is set up to fire with friction primers or standard cannon fuse. I'll include contact information on the best place to buy friction primers. They cost about a buck a piece. Uses cannon grade black powder to fire the two pound lead cannon balls, or any grade of black powder for firing salutes. A third of a cup is GUARANTEED to set off every car alarm in the neighborhood. :patriot: This is a serious piece of hardware. Everything you need to get into Civil War artillery... Wife says I have too many cannons. :(
    Here's what I'm interested in trading for: Ruger 10/22's, Ruger SR-22, Ruger Charger's, other .22 semi-auto pistols. Or, you can have it for $600. Open to offers of all shapes and sizes. FTF only. I'm in the Indianapolis area.
    You can view pics here: INGunOwners - Hoosier49er's Album: mortar pics
    Let me know what you have to trade...

Last edited:

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    LOL that is something you don't hear everyday. Bumb for a cool piece of History.

Shouldn't this be in the indirect fire weapon section :)
    Here are some others:
    Both mortars; My 3" tube cohorn "Grant", and my 2-1/4" tube "Sherman".
    picture.php

My work in progress; a full scale 12 pounder mountain howitzer. (Not yet named.)
    picture.php

Artillery is addictive... VERY addictive. :D

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    What have you got to trade nrar15? Shoot me an offer, I need more space in my Civil War room...

I'll make it easy for 'ya and drop the price to $550. :)

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    You can use them at reenactments like I do, or at the mortar shoots, find a BIG open field and have some fun... I took this particular one to Carmelfest the last two years with my reenactment group and charged paople $5 a pop two fire a salute with it. I made Channel 13 News with it last year. (My 15 seconds of fame) They had us set up near the pony rides last year, which I thought was a bad move, but those ponies were pretty hard core and took it like champs... we had to send my son out ahead and let them know before we fired each time. He then stayed about 100 yards down range and ptetended to take a hit. The crowd loved it every time! If they can get the permit in time, I will be doing a live-fire demo at Conner Prairie's Civil War Days this year my 3" incher cohorn. I'll be dropping balls at about 50-100 yards out... Close, intricate work!
    Did I mention that artillery is addictive...

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom