• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    A man I work with brought some magazines in, said he had run across them in his storage room, had long forgotten he had them........

He pulled out five metal AR mags, a little worn and scratched from use, but no dents or rust, the springs seemed to also be okay, as well as the metal followers. Four 30 rounders and one twenty rounder.

They were all from Simmonds Precision or Parsons precision, but I am not familiar with either brand.

I asked him how much? Ten bucks apiece was his reply. I told him he could most likely get a lot more $ by listing them on the net or in the classifieds. Nope. 10 bucks, that is what he was asking, he wanted to go ammo shopping that night.

So.... I bought them. Anyone know anything about these five magazines?
    I thought they were worth at least the 50 dollars that I gave for them. Need to try them out, but I'm not exactly blessed with 5.56 right now.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    I think they may be pre-ban (94 ban, not to confuse you with what some people are calling "pre-ban" these days)
    If that's the case there are some folk in ban states that would love to buy those from you in order to get a few more rounds in their mags ;)

P.S. all I did was a quick google search I am by no means a "pre-ban expert"

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I think they may be pre-ban (94 ban, not to confuse you with what some people are calling "pre-ban" these days)
    If that's the case there are some folk in ban states that would love to buy those from you in order to get a few more rounds in their mags ;)

P.S. all I did was a quick google search I am by no means a "pre-ban expert"

Thanks! :ingo:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Simmonds.... (Sp.?) actually made the old 20 rnd mags for Colt, they had the alum followers, I have an ammo can full, very good mags. These are VietNam era late '60- early '70s.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Simmonds.... (Sp.?) actually made the old 20 rnd mags for Colt, they had the alum followers, I have an ammo can full, very good mags. These are VietNam era late '60- early '70s.

Good to know, thanks. More of the mags are marked Parsons than Simmons, however. :( But they all have the aluminum followers............

Top Bottom