• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Just got this from them. Things are getting more and more difficult everyday for people who enjoy guns.

S.gif
    950d5fba-dbfb-4c63-91e2-1479fdff3736.png
    S.gif

CMP Email Subscribers Update​

Attention Email Subscribers:

Due to a new Bill in California, CMP cannot send out email communications to our subscribers without having your full address and birthday in our email database. Please click on the “Update Profile” link in the footer of this email to update your contact details. CMP will continue to send out emails to only those subscribers that have completed their profile. We will also post updates on our Facebook page and our website.

Thank you!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got this from them. Things are getting more and more difficult everyday for people who enjoy guns.

S.gif
    950d5fba-dbfb-4c63-91e2-1479fdff3736.png
    S.gif
    CMP Email Subscribers Update​

Attention Email Subscribers:

Due to a new Bill in California, CMP cannot send out email communications to our subscribers without having your full address and birthday in our email database. Please click on the “Update Profile” link in the footer of this email to update your contact details. CMP will continue to send out emails to only those subscribers that have completed their profile. We will also post updates on our Facebook page and our website.

Thank you!​

More difficult? I got the same email today. Took me all of about 30 seconds to update my info. :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    More difficult? I got the same email today. Took me all of about 30 seconds to update my info. :dunno:
    Not doing squat is easier than updating info. Doing something is indeed more difficult than doing nothing.

He didnt say it was excessively difficult.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    It goes without saying that I am stupid and ignorant but was able to update the info without much trouble just not a great typer or speaker unlike others but working on it.
    I was saying it is BS just to be a part of a gun website email subscriber list you have to fill out your address and birthday because of political BS. I'll try not to post again until I am able to communicate sufficiently. Sorry man...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It goes without saying that I am stupid and ignorant but was able to update the info without much trouble just not a great typer or speaker unlike others but working on it.
    I was saying it is BS just to be a part of a gun website email subscriber list you have to fill out your address and birthday because of political BS. I'll try not to post again until I am able to communicate sufficiently. Sorry man...
    No worries! Honestly I thought it was kind of stupid myself (the email, not you). I don't know how a bill in California can affect all the members of the CMP that don't live in California. Some gun sellers won't deal with anyone in California because of their BS rules. To my way of thinking, CMP should have told them, we'll just stop emailing our members in California if they don't provide their info, but we'll keep emailing our members in other states the same as we always have, **** you very much.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If you've ever ordered from them, they already have that info, plus a lot more. It looked like the issue was not a gun law thing but rather an e-commerce law related to mailing lists...that it appears the CMP may have misunderstood the application of anyway.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    This is getting freaking ridiculous! I mean don’t the idiots in Commiefornia ever read the Constitution or recent SCOTUS rulings? Members of the 2A fraternity will eventually challenge the restrictive States and win. It will take time but we will prevail!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They need a way to either not send mail to CA residents, or send only certain messages there. I recall an issue that involved a young firearms competitor being hampered by this bill. Something about not exposing minors in CA to firearms.

Its ridiculous.
    But now with the basic info, they can tell their system "send this standard communication to everyone NOT in CA. "

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is the story I mentioned earlier, and how it harms kids in shooting sports. From this point forward, you wont find any Olympic competitors or collegiate shooting sports kids coming from CA. Sad, really.
    Please Help Get Lola's Story Out!
    I am the father of Lola Fitzgerald a junior youth competitive shooter who is a four-time Skeet All-American, a three-time Junior World Champion, and a four-time
    California State Lady Champ in Skeet shooting. She is also a minor under the age of 18,
    residing in Rancho Cucamonga California.
    Since the passage of AB 2571, because my daughter is a minor living
    in California, she has been cut off from some of the national youth shooting groups.
    For instance, she can no longer receive emails from National Skeet
    Shooting Association, a leading organization in her chosen area of sport skeet shooting, that would
    otherwise, alert her to events and registration information for upcoming
    competitions.
    My daughter is unable to contact USA Shooting, and they are unable
    to reach out to my daughter, because of her age and the reasonable fear that if they
    do advertise, market, or otherwise communicate with her (and other minors in
    California) the organization will expose itself to substantial civil liability under AB
    My daughter has also been unable to log into sites to see future
    tournaments and standings of the shooters as they compete.
    All publications have stopped coming to my daughter, and coaches are
    canceling training clinics that she would usually attend. We are unsure if we fly
    our daughter out of state to train whether the coaches would be in violation of the law because our daughter is a resident of California.
    Communications that we had with recruiting colleges such as Trinity, Hillsdale, Purdue, Jacksonville University & TCU have stopped
    because they are unable to communicate with youth in California regarding their
    shooting teams and opportunities because of her age and the reasonable fear that if
    they do advertise, market, or otherwise communicate with her (and other minors in
    California) they will expose themselves to substantial civil liability under AB 2571.
    AB 2571 effectively destroys my daughter’s training, opportunities to
    compete at the USA, Olympic, and World levels and has shut down her communications
    with the USA & NSSA Shooting, and other national groups and recruiters.

Top Bottom