• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Roots? Where in the Republican Party platform is the long tradition of gay marriage?

The roots of The GOP is government not getting into people's business. What he's saying is the GOP is going against there roots by getting involved in people's business on who can marry who.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Kirk's 100% right. Republicans aren't about leaving people alone, or having smaller, less intrusive government. Haven't been that way in his lifetime and there's no indication that they'll ever be that way. They're all about big government, warfare and being nanny's, involved in everyone's bedroom and lives.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    I admit I'm wrong it but it just seems they always talk about how big the government is and how there gonna make it smaller, and more efficient. thats just my take. But now after doing research I see that I'm wrong on my take of there roots. I apologize.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think many people on INGO confuse the Republican Party with the Libertarian Party.:)

Discussion about whether we allow homosexuals to marry aside, I think we get confused by getting our political premises all mixed up.:twocents:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I admit I'm wrong it but it just seems they always talk about how big the government is and how there gonna make it smaller, and more efficient. thats just my take. But now after doing research I see that I'm wrong on my take of there roots. I apologize.
    Once upon a time, back in Clint's younger days, you could say that they sorta stood for those things, but in the days since Eisenhower the gop has just become a corrupt and lying machine that is just a dark mirror image of their dem buddies. They're not even an "opposition" party, in any real sense. Even their most sainted leader was a big government, deficit spender.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    Kirk's 100% right. Republicans aren't about leaving people alone, or having smaller, less intrusive government. Haven't been that way in his lifetime and there's no indication that they'll ever be that way. They're all about big government, warfare and being nanny's, involved in everyone's bedroom and lives.

So you are in favor of gay marriage? Are you a homo?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think mrjarell, like many of us, just want "them" to stay out of "our" business.

Small government is small government. Period. NOT small government, except for the social issues *I* care about. It is just plain, old, mind-your-own-business small.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hell, I wasn't even talking about the Tyrant, but you're not wrong.

The Tyrant?:D

No, if Lincoln, the Great Emancipator and Savior of Our Nation, isn't the most sainted Republican, who is? Are you talking about Coolidge?:dunno:

images

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I could care less about gay marriage. If two men or two women want to marry they should be able to. The only part that should be settled before marriage is who gets half of who's stuff when the divorce comes around.
    If everybody does care so much about not having big gov't we all need to start talking up Ron Paul. I know as well as everybody else he has some real crack pot ideas. However I think 4 years of him would be the only way we can get back on track.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Tyrant?:D

No, if Lincoln, the Great Emancipator and Savior of Our Nation, isn't the most sainted Republican, who is? Are you talking about Coolidge?:dunno:
    Bite your tongue! Cal was the best you guys had in the 20th century and no-one else even came close. As for who I was referring to...c'mon. You know who modern "republicans" wet themselves worshiping.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If two men or two women want to marry they should be able to.

How about three? If not, why are you imposing your views on me?

What about if one wants to marry a 9 year old as some religious leaders did? If one cannot, why impose your views?

Multiple wives? If I cannot have multiple wives, am I free?

Is it: 1) whatever I want, or 2) when you break the big laws, you get anarchy and not liberty?

Top Bottom