• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    This rifle gives me headaches when i try and clean it. It is by far the dirtiest gun i won. I know .22's arent the cleanest round but i have a hard time cleaning it. My main question is how do you guys clean your semi-auto .22's. The area i am asking about it is mainly the bolt area, is there anyway to get in there and really clean it? I spray cleaner in there and push a couple patches in and move them around, this is about all i can do.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Field strip her, break out patches and pipe cleaners, and start digging into nooks and crannies if you are wanting to give her a thorough cleaning.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    soak it in a coffee can of diff. things.i use tolulene.some say break fluid,i dont know about that.just a solvent.then comp.air.it works good on semi autos.i know you know but,take it out of stock

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    3111JQT119L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't use brake cleaner. It's too harsh, and will Eff up your wood furniture.

Gumout Carb & Choke cleaner is less harsh, and it has some lubricant in it which stays behind after the rest of the product evaporates.

You should be able to break down your rifle fairly simply by removing the wood, thereby having better access to the moving metal parts.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I find a small flat head screwdriver (for scraping) a frew patches a few papertowls and some ezox. just be patient and scrape all the gunk out.... use very light oil when your done. All 3 of my marlins work best almost dry and dirty. Alot of oild will only collect all the crap and then gum up your action.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    That looks JUST like a rifle I bought when I just turned 18, but mine is called a "Glenfield Model 60."

Mine probably has 200,000 rounds through it, and is still fun to shoot, although I've been having a feeding issue with it. The cartridge that is next to be fed 'stands up' as the carrier opens and jams it pretty good, and the cartridge rim is held by the lips of the chrome colored channel beneath the carrier. The ejection opening is small enough that I have to use pliers to pull it out. It's a pain in the arse, but it's the only problem I've ever had with that rifle (although there is some ammo that doesn't feed well in it).

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Looks like my Model 70 except I got the 7 round clip.
    I usually run a patch down the barrel after soaking it down with carb cleaner until it comes clean. Then run a Drylubed patch to coat.
    The bolt I just spray down w/carb cleaner then scrub with a brush and wipe down with Dry Lube.
    Same with the Hammer assembly.

Top Bottom