• ...and so much more!
  • mozart3100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Muncie, Indiana
    Hi, all.

This may seem like a ridiculous question, but how does one clean an over and under derringer? I have checked the internet and there is not much on the care and maintenance of these little guys. They may be laughed about and frowned upon, but they do have their place in historic weaponry. I would certainly appreciate any information I can get. Thanks.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Hi, all.

This may seem like a ridiculous question, but how does one clean an over and under derringer? I have checked the internet and there is not much on the care and maintenance of these little guys. They may be laughed about and frowned upon, but they do have their place in historic weaponry. I would certainly appreciate any information I can get. Thanks.

Run a bore brush sprayed-down with your favorite bore solvent (Hoppes #9 for example) several times, follow that with a clean dry patch or two, and finish it of with a patch moistened with your favorite gun oil (Breakfree CLP or CP for example) and your done!!! :rockwoot:

Outer debris can be wiped-off with a cloth moistened with the same gun oil. :cheers:

Top Bottom