• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    So I finally find a Benelli m1014 that is listed somewhere :D on the internet for sale.

Guys asking price is 2200.00. I agree to his price but now hes not sure that he wants to sell his prized possession.

WTF.....dont put the damn thing up for sale if you dont want to sell it.:rolleyes:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    couldn't agree more. id drives me nuts when somone posts x for sale and changes there mind or says "i think it might be worth more" do your researce and know you want to sell before listing items

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had a deal for a trade plus cash for one of my guns and then when the final arrangements were being made he said "Something came up". I've had that used on me a few times now, very irritating! If you don't want it don't make the deal!! :xmad:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Or someone makes you a trade offer - you agree to it. You ask where to meet.

Ask again.

And, again.

Then they waffle out of it after you ignore other offers for two - three days.

Some folks were raised with low integrity.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I just hate it when people think what they have is worth more than it really is. That ticks me off.

Im not saying it isnt worth more. There were only 2500 of them made and imported by Benelli.

But Im willing to pay his asking price, and he wants to waffle.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Or someone makes you a trade offer - you agree to it. You ask where to meet.

Ask again.

And, again.

Then they waffle out of it after you ignore other offers for two - three days.

i just did a thread in the sugestions section saying we need a notification when somone has actually read your pm. jetgirl informed me that there is a box you can check to get notifications when the read your pm.

but i agree if you arn't interested any more atleast have the guts to man/women up and let the seller/buyer know. its not like ingo charges by the pm

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I just hate it when people think what they have is worth more than it really is. That ticks me off.

At least you know where they stand. There are three or four here that move a lot of stuff. Always more proud of it than retail in the store!

Another one? The need to tell me it is "CHEAP" or a "GREAT DEAL" or "AMAZING PRICE" in the thread title. Does that subliminally work on some folks? Especially when a pattern develops that it isn't bloody true??

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

Sometimes you have to add a little wiggle room b/c some buyers think that they "have to talk you down some" so if you price it fairly and don't budge they don't want to deal with you. But then others won't contact you b/c they think you're too high. It's a tough game to play....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    So I finally find a Benelli m1014 that is listed somewhere :D on the internet for sale.

Guys asking price is 2200.00. I agree to his price but now hes not sure that he wants to sell his prized possession.

WTF.....dont put the damn thing up for sale if you dont want to sell it.:rolleyes:

That's complete bull:poop:.

Yep...And this guy couldn't be a better example.

I don't know how long the ad was up, but if you responded quickly, he may have thought he can get more money out of it(see paddling_man's quote again).

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    but i agree if you arn't interested any more atleast have the guts to man/women up and let the seller/buyer know. its not like ingo charges by the pm

Heck, if I'm not interested anymore *but* have committed to a deal, then I go thru with it anyway. That's happened a couple of times but if I make a deal, it's going to happen. If your word is no good, what else do you have??

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Sometimes you have to add a little wiggle room b/c some buyers think that they "have to talk you down some" so if you price it fairly and don't budge they don't want to deal with you. But then others won't contact you b/c they think you're too high. It's a tough game to play....

:+1:

It really doesn't matter to me. There are so many mediums available to buy and sell, and it is usually a sellers market, especially for guns. You ask what you want for it, and if nobody wants to pony up, then you keep it, or sell it somewhere else.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    do you have a dealer sample laying around I could have?:D
    I heard somewhere that it is available for civilians now. I can't seem to find anything on it though. I can't see how they could hold that up for a single market. At lease a semi-version? I'll keep looking.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Ahh, you didn't need it anyway.

THIS is what you REALLY need.

YouTube - AA-12. World's deadliest shotgun!

Beyond being really ugly, it looks like it's unreliable as all get out. I noticed a FTF with a shell crushed on the feedramp while watching that on my DVR. I went back through the segment and stepped through every sequence frame by frame. Sure enough, it didn't look like it finished a single course of fire. The most obvious one is at 4:01 in that video, you can see the shell crushed partially in the chamber and 2 or 3 more shells in the clear drum. I think they took the footage with the black shells after they realized how obvious the red ones were.

Top Bottom