Classic Tractor Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Mine. 1950 Farmall Cub.
    I actually mowed 5.5 acres with it this weekend.

WxSyq0U.jpg

MYrLdig.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’ll have to get an updated picture as this was before I got the 4020 decals on but here is my John Deere 4020 View attachment 276001
    I'm guessing 64-68-ish? I can see the multiple levers on the right side of the dash, later models had the hydraulics and 3-point hitch controls on the right fender. Front axle wasn't as heavy duty in the early years either.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Mine. 1950 Farmall Cub.
    I actually mowed 5.5 acres with it this weekend.

WxSyq0U.jpg

MYrLdig.jpg
    Very nicely done. Great tractors. My uncle had been mowing on his cub and went in the house to get a drink, I was four, and was playing on it, got out over the hood too far was falling and grabbed the hot lead straight pipe he had for exaust and peeled the skin off my hand.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    My father-in-law's tractor. He restored it a years ago and rolls it out during family holiday's. It starts by hand spinning the fly wheel. I'm forgetting what year it is. He turns 90 years old next month.

He built a successful farm, worked in a steel mill and raised four kids all at the same time. He's a hellofa man and an inspiration to me to this day. He and his wife were teenagers and dirt poor when they got married so he would shoot a rabbit for his wife to cook each night after leaving the steel mill and before going to work on the farmhouse that he was building himself.

He had a lot bigger and more impressive tractors in the machine building when this was taken but none are as cool as this.

Check the cool steering rod that goes from the steering wheel to a 90 degree gear box and into the front wheel assembly.

1684117247433.png

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Grandson driving his great-great-great-grandpa's 110...

jycDLOvl.jpg

Last fall the old man decided to resurrect the 237 picker from 40+ years of storage. It worked like a champ...

fWXzpJBl.jpg

Probably the prettiest old JD the old man has restored. He took the hood and fenders to a body shop before he painted it. I'm sure It looks much better than it did when it left the factory...

j8lwUSfl.jpg

Mom said, NO MORE TRACTORS!!!, several years ago. Now the old man is restoring plows...

V4HP2uYl.jpg

Gotta pack them on that trailer just right...

shKdk4yl.jpg

This old 2020 still gets a workout. Makes a handy log skidder...

gin9mXEl.jpg

Also a handy DIY demo tool...

HHGEJ2ml.jpg

sz2MgpQl.jpg

Just a girl, in a white prom dress, on a tractor, holding a 10ga shotgun. I'm sure that's the cleanest that tractor has EVER been...

fUOywKml.jpg

I can do this ALL day...

UbXrVl7l.jpg

A5zUngNl.jpg

JvJQsUvl.jpg

x5uzOxvl.jpg

1tg00qsl.jpg

wR9FtsIl.jpg

IEr9Z0cl.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Grandson driving his great-great-great-grandpa's 110...

jycDLOvl.jpg

Last fall the old man decided to resurrect the 237 picker from 40+ years of storage. It worked like a champ...

fWXzpJBl.jpg

Probably the prettiest old JD the old man has restored. He took the hood and fenders to a body shop before he painted it. I'm sure It looks much better than it did when it left the factory...

j8lwUSfl.jpg

Mom said, NO MORE TRACTORS!!!, several years ago. Now the old man is restoring plows...

V4HP2uYl.jpg

Gotta pack them on that trailer just right...

shKdk4yl.jpg

This old 2020 still gets a workout. Makes a handy log skidder...

gin9mXEl.jpg

Also a handy DIY demo tool...

HHGEJ2ml.jpg

sz2MgpQl.jpg

Just a girl, in a white prom dress, on a tractor, holding a 10ga shotgun. I'm sure that's the cleanest that tractor has EVER been...

fUOywKml.jpg

I can do this ALL day...

UbXrVl7l.jpg

A5zUngNl.jpg

JvJQsUvl.jpg

x5uzOxvl.jpg

1tg00qsl.jpg

wR9FtsIl.jpg

IEr9Z0cl.jpg
    What a great collection and family…

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is the wall across from my desk in my office where I do my lawyering.

IMG_8216.jpeg

I am currently working on a cosmetic restoration of my AC-B...which has now turned into some mechanical work. The engine is perfect, but the torque tube was broken decades ago and repaired in a way I didn't care for, so I obtained a new one.

...and since I was going that far, I figured that I wanted to prep the little B for the Mackinac Bridge Antique Tractor Crossing that takes place every September. The main thing I needed was to get a reliable 10+ mph. New (and now) a B only gets 8.75 mph on the top end. However, with a CA governor spring and a CA transmission, I can do about 14 mph...faster than a CA because the final drive is higher on the B.

Earliest, I will be trying for is September 2024, but if the INGO tractor clan is interested, we can give it some discussion closer to then.

Top Bottom