• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, and there's more.

Did he watch a single frickin' episode of Ozarks? How can he be THAT bad at money laundering?

The Town Marshal of Lynhurst, Indiana (which was dissolved as a town in 1988) can trace that dough. He would have been better off keeping it in his mattress or like in a storage until like Breaking Bad (you know, on the pallet).

So many ways to hide that, it never occurred to him that someone else might be Sheriff some day? Or like a County Commissioner would have more than 7 brain cells?

Did he think Boss Hogg was a moron? The real Boss Hogg was a literal genius, a polyglot who got a BA at 18.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Well, I certainly hope he enjoys his time in prison alongside people he was responsible for incarcerating. Sounds like he deserves it! About $5mil stolen (from a quick glance at the attachments)? How did he think no one would notice?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I certainly hope he enjoys his time in prison alongside people he was responsible for incarcerating. Sounds like he deserves it! About $5mil stolen (from a quick glance at the attachments)? How did he think no one would notice?
    It's a mystery.

Based on the report I attached earlier today, he seemed to be using the Jail Commissary fund to buy a lot of stuff that ended up at the EMS so he probably thought he was being very clever and "covering up" where all the money taken from the EMS was going.....but that was obviously not successful.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Got away with it for eight years, I guess.

How did this come to light? Did the new sheriff come in the door look around and go holy $#!+ or what?

He should have had an exit plan to the People’s Republic of NoExtraditionStan.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How did this come to light? Did the new sheriff come in the door look around and go holy $#!+ or what?
    Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. The probable cause aff. states that the current Sheriff called the State Police and reported allegations of several things starting with Sheriff Dept. workers doing work at Noel's house on County time being the first.

It all unraveled from there.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. The probable cause aff. states that the current Sheriff called the State Police and reported allegations of several things starting with Sheriff Dept. workers doing work at Noel's house on County time being the first.

It all unraveled from there.
    The SBOA report mildly understated several times “lack of internal controls,” but are there no “external controls” that would have flagged this? Guess not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The SBOA report mildly understated several times “lack of internal controls,” but are there no “external controls” that would have flagged this? Guess not.
    This should be a learning experience for everyone paying attention about how local gvt. works.

Long story short, there is a lot less oversight that people think. By and large, state and federal gvts. expect local units to have functioning governing boards that provide oversight...and they usually do, but not always. Think of all the Homeland Security money that has been floating around for the last 20 years. Some departments bought Bearcats and Hummers. Apparently others bought Hellcats and Corvettes.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This should be a learning experience for everyone paying attention about how local gvt. works.

Long story short, there is a lot less oversight that people think. By and large, state and federal gvts. expect local units to have functioning governing boards that provide oversight...and they usually do, but not always. Think of all the Homeland Security money that has been floating around for the last 20 years. Some departments bought Bearcats and Hummers. Apparently others bought Hellcats and Corvettes.
    Decades ago my mom was the Treasurer of Brown County for two terms, followed by two (I think) terms on the county council. She was a fanatic for knowing and following the laws and regulations. She tracked down every applicable statute, rule, and letter, made sure her office was on the distribution list for stuff issued by the stat offices, and established a complete reference library in her office that she kept up to date.

I guess this made a little bit of a splash when she first took over as treasurer, because I recall her mentioning that some of the other (mostly) ladies in the courthouse were not pleased with her actually consulting the rules. They made dismissive comments about “how to really do the job“ but mom was stubborn and stuck to the rules.

I got an idea of how serious she was about it one day when I visited her at the office. The gentleman from the State Board of Accounts was there. His job was to travel from county to county checking on things and of course he had a big reference book or six of his own containing the statutes, regulations, and bulletins/advisories issued by the SBOA.

He was checking HIS books against HERS because he knew she would have a complete and up-to-date set.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Every time a new report comes out I am amazed at the level of corruption. I am patiently waiting to hear he is controlling or getting a cut of the Riverlink tolling they do on the bridges here. That group of incompetents has to be operating under some protection or they would be tarred and feathered.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Every time a new report comes out I am amazed at the level of corruption. I am patiently waiting to hear he is controlling or getting a cut of the Riverlink tolling they do on the bridges here. That group of incompetents has to be operating under some protection or they would be tarred and feathered.
    I wouldn’t be surprised at all to hear he has his hands in the riverlink garbage. Both parties seem to have the same level of arrogance.

Top Bottom